IGNORED

Looking for some 8-bit CAD programs

Gunstar

11 minutes ago, Philsan said:

Do you have informations about this program called C.A.D.?

This was created by Sawfish-Software (Michael Guntersdorfer, Germany) in TB XL and released as a collection on three double-sided 130k disks (with various games and tools) in the early 90s. Some of his programs appeared as type-in listings, but the whole collection of Sawfish programs were advertized in the "newspaper" Computer Flohmarkt in the 90s for approx. 20DM. Nowadays you can download the Sawfish collection from e.g. atarimania...

Sawfish programs at atarimania

Afaik, there were similar programs (to this one), released as type-in listings in german Computer Kontakt, Atari Magazin, Happy Computer and surely also Antic, Analog and Compute...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks! I downloaded everything I could find on the subject from Atarimania and I think C.A.D. might have been among them. I haven't had time to check them all out yet, or even S3DP2 (which I own now, as I was able to pick up a copy of it for sale from England a year or two ago) or ChromaCAD I collected the pieces too. But I will one day, hopefully sooner than later.

Edited by Gunstar

47 minutes ago, CharlieChaplin said:

This was created by Sawfish-Software (Michael Guntersdorfer, Germany) in TB XL and released as a collection on three double-sided 130k disks (with various games and tools) in the early 90s. Some of his programs appeared as type-in listings, but the whole collection of Sawfish programs were advertized in the "newspaper" Computer Flohmarkt in the 90s for approx. 20DM. Nowadays you can download the Sawfish collection from e.g. atarimania...

Sawfish programs at atarimania

Afaik, there were similar programs (to this one), released as type-in listings in german Computer Kontakt, Atari Magazin, Happy Computer and surely also Antic, Analog and Compute...

Could you attach C.A.D.? I cannot find it ATM.

Have to search for it on my DOS/Atari harddisk (one MS-DOS harddisk with four partitions of 2GB each, filled with thousands of ATR images)...

In the meanwhile, I found this on my Win XP PC:

- Super 3D Plotter II (2 disks/images)

- Computersquad/CAD 3D

- CAD/CAM

- Solids 3D

Attached the programs here, but did not always have a clue how to run them (or load a sample file). Maybe one should replace TurboDOS XL/XE on all disks with standard DOS 2.5...?!?

S3DP.zip Compsqad.zip CADCAM.zip SOLIDS3D.zip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here are some more CAD examples, some original, some borrowed (ripped?) from others...

- Sawfish CAD (and all Sawfish disks)

- Graf 3D by Happy Computer magazine (german, still no clue how to use it)

- Micro CAD (type-in by Atari Magazin, but I think I have also seen it elsewhere!)

- Cad Jet 3D (looks like a ripped program to me with the known fighterjet)

Sawfish_and_CAD.zip Happy_Graf3D.zip Micro_CAD.zip CADJET3D.zip

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/24/2020 at 5:23 PM, Philsan said:

Do you have informations about this program called C.A.D.?

@Philsan Just came across this post and I wonder if this is the application you were looking for last year?

image.thumb.png.1a53e49652c3a0939586bb6d08636100.png

Have had a bit of a reshuffle of hardware on my desk at the mo. I'll see if I can find time tmrw set up a 1050 and run the disk. Then if it looks like the same application I'll upload an ATR of it here.:grin:

Edited by Beeblebrox
typo

• 2 months later...

Okay, as I already wrote in post #26 the mentioned CAD program is from Sawfish Software, Michael Guntersdorfer. PD disk is attached here (available at atarimania at the given link above, if you download e.g. Breakthru or Bruce Lee's Return or Mega Maze or Othello II or ... - contains two disksides of PD programs with CAD on it), simply boot diskside B and choose program 1 from the menu.

Sawfish_Software_PD_1.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, CharlieChaplin said:

Okay, as I already wrote in post #26 the mentioned CAD program is from Sawfish Software, Michael Guntersdorfer. PD disk is attached here (available at atarimania at the given link above, if you download e.g. Breakthru or Bruce Lee's Return or Mega Maze or Othello II or ... - contains two disksides of PD programs with CAD on it), simply boot diskside B and choose program 1 from the menu.

Sawfish_Software_PD_1.zip 121.08 kB · 1 download

I am sorry, in fact you posted Sawfish C.A.D. in post #31. Now I remember I tried it! I even gave you a like ah ah.

• Haha 1