IGNORED

Combat

spider-ham

Oh, man, they better not *F* this up, or I am gonna have to dope slap somebody.

And is this the longest time between the release of an original game and its first official update/sequel or what?

Now where's my updated Adventure?

[ 10-12-2001: Message edited by: Rhindle The Red ]

And is this the longest time between the release of an original game and its first official update/sequel or what?

Combat II was released for the Atari 2600 at CGE this year. It's an official Atari program just not an official Atari release.

I wonder if this update will contain the original in it, like so many other updates. Maybe even a second player AI.

Mitch

http://atari7800.atari.org

quote:

Originally posted by Mitch:

It's an official Atari program just not an official Atari release.

It's only official in the sense that Atari themselves didn't finish it.

And if this new game doesn't have the original in it, then I'll just be gettin' that dope slap ready...

I think it will probably suck. Or not so much suck, as not really being "Combat".

You see, the 2D perspective of Combat was key to its gameplay. Take Tank Pong for instance. How can you play Tank Pong in tunnel vision 3D?

From the options screen I see no indication that they will offer options like Tank Pong or invisible tanks and all the other abstractions that make Combat Combat. Let alone the jets and biplanes that look to be omitted.

What I see is just yet another 3D tank game ala Activision's Battlezone or Namco's Cybersled. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it isn't Combat.