IGNORED

MAME joystick operates like shit!

CARTRIDGE STEALER

The Slik Stik (Classic Model) $560 (I think). http://www.slikstik.com/classfeatures.htm

Unbelievable Quality.. Spinner, Trackball, Pinball Buttons.. It's got it all!

Very close on the puppy! It's a Shiba Inu (named Faust). Another japanese breed a lot like the Akita, but only 32 lbs. full grown. You must know your dogs to spot that :)

btw... I think you can get a Shiba in "Nintendogs".

I dunno, NE... my Mame cab is a conversion of Quarterback. It has a coinbox that works, and is lit, it has florescent lighting behind the bezel. It has good speakers that have some kick... I agree that the vector games in particular, don't look perfect... especially Asteroids... but, I also have a pragmatic outlook on the whole deal... that is...

Yeah you got to understand what I was saying isn't a rip on emulation. But a simple statement of the fact that there IS hardware you just cannot emulate. (Not that that's a "bad" thing, but rather just the way it goes).

I mean come on, it's just obvious to anyone, on even a simple Space Invaders that nothing but the real thing will give you the ghostly holographic display with the mirrors, and the cardboard background. The backwards monitor reflecting onto a mirror is a great example of physical elements that can never be emu'd. :) (and really, why would anyone bother attempting to recreate... for one single game).

Inv_D_playfield.jpg

Yeah you got to understand what I was saying isn't a rip on emulation. But a simple statement of the fact that there IS hardware you just cannot emulate. (Not that that's a "bad" thing, but rather just the way it goes).

I mean come on, it's just obvious to anyone, on even a simple Space Invaders that nothing but the real thing will give you the ghostly holographic display with the mirrors, and the cardboard background. The backwards monitor reflecting onto a mirror is a great example of physical elements that can never be emu'd. (and really, why would anyone bother attempting to recreate... for one single game).

Good point. People who come over to my gameroom always trip on my Vectrex... rather than trying to explain, I now turn on my Mame cab and let them play Armor Attack and Asteroids... then I turn on the Vectrex and let them play Rockeroids and Armor Attack there.

Now... in all honesty, MAME has gotten real good at SIMULATING many of the features that were done on the original equipment with cardboard, mirrors, or special monitors. Overlays, too. It isn't PERFECT... but, like you said... who can afford PERFECT for every title. Unless you are a die hard for the title in question... it just makes sense to go with the next closest thing. And MAME is going a real good job.

Now... in all honesty, MAME has gotten real good at SIMULATING many of the features that were done on the original equipment with cardboard, mirrors, or special monitors. Overlays, too. It isn't PERFECT... but, like you said... who can afford PERFECT for every title. Unless you are a die hard for the title in question... it just makes sense to go with the next closest thing. And MAME is going a real good job.

I'll second that :D

With the new video and hi-res artwork rendering systems in MAME, while it will never look just like the real thing - it looks really good :lust:

You go MameDevs! :cool:

• 1 year later...