IGNORED

Pac-Man for ColecoVision on eBay

Pixelboy

I prefer the label that matches the other AtariSoft titles.

It's an unreleased reproduction cart. Someone made a label and is selling it. another one of those vague listings to try to get people thinking this is a rare prototype.

Personally, I think Opcode's PacMan collection is worth waiting for (Also has Ms PacMan). :)

I thought they were selling these here at the AtariAge store for a while, before the Atari/Infogrames crackdown.

Yes, the ones we were selling had nice, glossy Atarisoft-style labels. I still have a few of those if anyone is interested.

..Al

I'm still enjoying mine,Al ;)

:D

I thought they were selling these here at the AtariAge store for a while, before the Atari/Infogrames crackdown.

Yes, the ones we were selling had nice, glossy Atarisoft-style labels. I still have a few of those if anyone is interested.

..Al

I'm still enjoying mine,Al ;)

:D

same here!

..Al

Pic?

Wow. Does the screenshot of that game suck or what?

IMO, the 5200 version is superior. And then there's the 7800 Pac-Man that blows both out of the water. ;)

..Al

Pic?

IMO, the 5200 version is superior. And then there's the 7800 Pac-Man that blows both out of the water. ;)

Whoa whoa whoa!

As a 5200 fanboy it almost pains me to say this, but the CV version of PacMan is actually better than the 5200's.

Sorry.

However, as for gameplay though the CV version sucks due to the controllers, whereas the 5200's controllers are great for PacMan. But graphics wise the CV version is better hands down (IMO).

I've yet to see the opcode version but I'm sure it's better than both. That said though, the opcode version is newer, had more effort put into it than the original, and probablly pushed the system to its limits more. Now all we need is for someone to do the same for the 5200 and we'd have an even better version that of opcode!

Any takers? :ponder:

I've yet to see the opcode version but I'm sure it's better than both. That said though, the opcode version is newer, had more effort put into it than the original, and probablly pushed the system to its limits more. Now all we need is for someone to do the same for the 5200 and we'd have an even better version that of opcode!

Now how could you top a near carbon copy of the arcade, both graphic-wise, sound-wise and gameplay-wise? That's what you get with Pac-Man Collection. And it plays great with the CV controllers too.

You can see some screenshots of Pac-Man Collection here. It's true that Ms. Pac-Man loses some of the colors in the maze walls compared to the arcade version, but that really can't be helped on the CV. And you also get Pac-Man Plus as a secret bonus, which is also arcade-perfect.

Edited by Pixelboy

Now how could you top a near carbon copy of the arcade, both graphic-wise, sound-wise and gameplay-wise? That's what you get with Pac-Man Collection. And it plays great with the CV controllers too.

You can see some screenshots of Pac-Man Collection here. It's true that Ms. Pac-Man loses some of the colors in the maze walls compared to the arcade version, but that really can't be helped on the CV. And you also get Pac-Man Plus as a secret bonus, which is also arcade-perfect.

I've played Pac-Man Collection and it's pretty remarkable how close to the original arcade games Eduardo has made the games. There's simply no contest at all between it and any other version of Pac-Man released for classic gaming systems and computers.

..Al

Hello all.

I just spotted this auction for an Atarisoft Pac-Man cart for ColecoVision. Is this a prototype repro, or some kind of hack of a Pac-Man clone? The screenshot does look nice...

It's a prototype copy, which was sold at CGE2k1. I believe 50 copies were sold there, along with an equal amount of Dig Dug and Joust with same-style labels. There may have been others sold afterward with that particular label, but I don't recall. Here's a pic of the CGE2k1 display.

post-10962-1160694852_thumb.jpg

Edited by thegamepeddler

I'm not sure how it could be topped, but if any classic system could do it, the 5200 would certainly be the one. ;)

Dont get me wrong, I think the opcode CV version looks spectacular!

I'd be skeptical of the controllers being any better though. No game can make them suck any less. They're still too short, and you almost need a crobar to move in any direction.

It's a prototype copy, which was sold at CGE2k1. I believe 50 copies were sold there, along with an equal amount of Dig Dug and Joust with same-style labels. There may have been others sold afterward with that particular label, but I don't recall. Here's a pic of the CGE2k1 display.

Bigger shots of the CGE2k1 Joust and DigDug

joust cart

Joust Screen shot

Dig Dug cart

Dig Dug Screen 1

Dig Dug Screen 2

later,

Charles

My Stuff

Hello all.

I just spotted this auction for an Atarisoft Pac-Man cart for ColecoVision. Is this a prototype repro, or some kind of hack of a Pac-Man clone? The screenshot does look nice...

there were definetely more produced after cge.. although i have no hard figures.

i would guess that about 100 to 125 each sold... could be more, could be slightly less.

this repro usually goes for a fair amount of money on ebay..

willie

I'd say both the CV and 5200 versions beat out the 2600, Intellivision, and Vic-20 versions altogether. Only Nukey Shay's Hack 'Em for the 2600 (a Pesco hack) is on-par with the CV and 5200 Pac-Man.

However, as for gameplay though the CV version sucks due to the controllers, whereas the 5200's controllers are great for PacMan.

I wouldn't play either of those versions on a native system without a 2600 stick - something a bit more easy to do on a CV than it is on a 5200.