IGNORED

Best N-gage titles

The only games I've bothered to open are System Rush, Rifts, and Civilization.

System Rush is a perfect kind of game for this system. Each session is quick and mindless fun.

Rifts is a pretty good tactical RPG. Civilization is the same incredibly addictive game it always was. Both games are less suited to quick play, but can be good long term time burners.

Pathway to Glory is the system's best title. I really like Rayman 3 (it looks better than the GBA version in the same way a SNES game would look better than a Genesis one), Pandemonium, and Colin McRae Rally. Don't buy Sonic N, as it is somehow worse than the GBA one for some unknown reason. Also, download Snakes. Apparently High Seize, Mile High Pinball, and Glimmerati are also great, but they never came out around here.

I've heard good things about pretty much all the last-gen N-gage titles. High Seize, Pathway to Glory 2, etc.

Most of them were online order only, so they're kind of rare. The site may still stock em, though, I'm not sure.

Yeah, they were all pretty slick looking, and the ones I've played are awesome. The N-Gage went from having one of the the worst good:bad launches in history, to having one of the best good: bad ratios I've ever seen.

There was supposed to be a pretty sweet fighting game called One on the N-Gage. I was never able to get my hands on it, but I've read some encouraging reviews. The sequel on the next-gen N-Gage hardware is that much more impressive, judging from the footage I've seen of the game in action. The characters (if not the backgrounds) are damn near XBox quality!

JR

There was supposed to be a pretty sweet fighting game called One on the N-Gage. I was never able to get my hands on it, but I've read some encouraging reviews. The sequel on the next-gen N-Gage hardware is that much more impressive, judging from the footage I've seen of the game in action. The characters (if not the backgrounds) are damn near XBox quality!

JR

If Nokia got nothing else out of the N-Gage thus far at least they learned that they need good, exclusive, original games if they're gong to be taken seriously when they try to sell something to gamers. They seem to have a pretty good line-up of games in mind for their new mobile gaming solution (mobile there refering to mobile phones, and not as some supposed solution to general gaming on the go; they learned their lesson there).

Glimmerati is a good top-down racing game. Atari Masterpieces vol. 1 is a great bit of retro gaming on the go (my favorite titles in it are Red Baron and Black Widow). Ashen is a good little FPS. Asphault Urban GT is a decent racing game.

If you can find a GameStop or EB Games with old N-Gage games in stock, you'll probably be able to pick the unused games up for $1.99 each. So basically, grab whatever you can for cheap while you can still find them.

If you can find a GameStop or EB Games with old N-Gage games in stock, you'll probably be able to pick the unused games up for $1.99 each. So basically, grab whatever you can for cheap while you can still find them.

However, please don't judge the system based on random picks of $1.99 games. Most of the launch games blow massive chunks. Make the effort to get the good stuff too.

Seeing as how its a dead system and its near impossible to get anything in the stores I did the sensible thing and got a MMC card... So far I've enjoyed Atari MP 1 and Super Monkey Ball, Call of Duty is a headache and SSX isnt hooking me yet, Ghost Recon looks damn good though. I'm playing around with video feature, got the nokia multimedia suite and its really not bad if you're just watching a sitcom or something. I kinda enjoy arriving to the party a few years too late, all of this stuff is still exciting to me anyways.

Seeing as how its a dead system and its near impossible to get anything in the stores I did the sensible thing and got a MMC card... So far I've enjoyed Atari MP 1 and Super Monkey Ball, Call of Duty is a headache and SSX isnt hooking me yet, Ghost Recon looks damn good though. I'm playing around with video feature, got the nokia multimedia suite and its really not bad if you're just watching a sitcom or something. I kinda enjoy arriving to the party a few years too late, all of this stuff is still exciting to me anyways.

Well, seeing that you have an MMC, I hope you downloaded a free copy of Snakes then.