IGNORED

How much time do you spend gaming every day?

Recycled

I probably spend on average, two hours a day or so playing games, and that's everything from Atari, to the X-Box.

Of course, I'll have bouts where I'll play up to 16 hours a day, but that's only on the rare "really awesome" game when I get one. I was like that for almost the entier two years after I got my X-Box and Halo, that game ruled, but now it's gone through my system and I'm back to normal, well, normal for me in playing aoround 2 hours a day.

Generally a couple hours each day are devoted to gaming, at least. That's if you don't count the fact that i usually have an SP or DS going while doing other tasks. But then, i don't do much else outside of drawing, minor housework, and taking the dog out. So if i've got a new game that's on the addictive side, i'll pretty much play it all day.

I take it the most of you guys are not married with kids. At the most, I get about 25 minuets max per work day and about 40 minuets on Saturday.

:roll: :sad: :sad:

I'm divorced. I have my kids half the time. I have more free time. So I guess there were some fruits from my wife splitting after all!!!

Between jobs I fire up all my Coin-op's/Pinball's and play at least one game on each, usually it ends up being about a half hour to an hour.

Weekends I play Atari and NES as long as I can but it seems like there's always stuff to do. One of these days I'm going to take a week off and just game through the whole thing.....that would be sweet.

I take it the most of you guys are not married with kids. At the most, I get about 25 minuets max per work day and about 40 minuets on Saturday.

I'm divorced. I have my kids half the time. I have more free time. So I guess there were some fruits from my wife splitting after all!!!

That's word right there. Even though my daughter lives with her mother, I'm still pretty busy. Still, when I'm waiting in line or eating out alone, I'll usually have the Game Boy Color along. lol, now that I'm in a little bout with salmonella, my activites have slowed to a crawl and I have just the strength to type or hold a joystick and not much else!

I'm going to estimate on the high side. 90 minutes a day.

Getting married at the end of the month, might as well be married now though. No kids though, you're right about that. Kids and my hobbies don't mix, at least not right now...so i can wait on that.

Getting married at the end of the month, might as well be married now though. No kids though, you're right about that. Kids and my hobbies don't mix, at least not right now...so i can wait on that.

You will still need to make some time for your hobbies, or you will go insane.

I personally need ALOT of time.

Depends.. some days I don't play 1 game, I can go a whole week without any playtime. But then one day spend 4 hours on a game, and again play before I go to bed. So it varies a lot, for me.

My Atari 2600 time spent is about 45 mins, or if I play many of them,

or one that lasts long, 2 hours.

I'd say I usually spend 2-3 hours a day playing games. It's part of my daily routine. Although I start my new job on Monday so I'll probably have to cut some of my gaming out, but it's probably for the best. It's still how I unwind at the end of the day though.

45min.-1 hour on week days

little more on weekends

Im married and spring and summer we both work 2 jobs so gaming even less then

Fall/Winter Best seasons of year more gaming time amongst other thngs

I spend more time in atariage than actually playing games :(

Yep, same here. I easily spend more time reading about the games on-line, trading, and sourcing them out, than actually playing them. I find the social aspect of the hobby as much fun as the game themselves. Maybe this is the natural progress of things in a "collecting type" hobby after some time ? :)

I'd say about 3-4 hours if you count playing the games, cleaning and testing games (which is in itself very time-consuming), and reading up stuff on game websites like atariage, gamefaqs, etc.

oh well i don't care because it's part of my life. has been for almost 25 years, ever since i could hold a joystick in my hand. :D

At least several hours a day.

Especially true since I got Guitar Hero, Beatmania and the upcoming Guitar Hero 2.

So true about Guitar Hero. That game has eaten up much of the last year for me. It all was worth it after getting the Battle Axe on Expert though. Now I've been jammin' on the Guitar Hero 2 demo. Its only 4 songs but it gets ya' drooling....

Getting married at the end of the month, might as well be married now though. No kids though, you're right about that.

Heh....my Atari gaming came to a screeching halt when I met my wife, but mainly because we only have one working TV set.

Whenever my wife leaves me home alone (including her temporary separation from me (except some weekends) while she finishes her master's degree -- I'm in Chicago, she's staying in Jersey until she finishes this spring) she encourages me to "have a Dauber festival," which usually means she expects me to hook up the Atari and melt my mind on it. Heh...when she asks if I played Atari while she was out, she says "Why not? You could have done that!"

Lately, as my wife has been gone, I'd hook up the Atari just to play "a quick game," and it usually turns out to be at least two hours! I often switch back'n'forth between Atari and Intellivision...she's coming to town next week....the cool thing is that I can just leave it connected thanks to the configuration of the TV set. :)

Edited by Dauber

I spend more time in atariage than actually playing games :(

Yep, same here. I easily spend more time reading about the games on-line, trading, and sourcing them out, than actually playing them. I find the social aspect of the hobby as much fun as the game themselves. Maybe this is the natural progress of things in a "collecting type" hobby after some time ? :)

Ditto for me, although I am pleased to say that our DS's are being used pretty much every day at the moment and we took a week off last week, went away and played heaps of Mario Kart using all 3 DS's which was GREAT fun and a great family activity.

All up every day, probably 1/2 hour Atari Age, 3/4 hour gaming and 1/2 hour mucking around with my collection in the Cave.