IGNORED

7800 Pac-Man collection here!

PacManPlus

Those look nice, but I was hoping for a more authentic looking box :)

Bob

Yea me too^_^

Anyway heres an UPDATED box art this time I took the Midnight Mutants back box art modeling idea and put more screen shots on the right side of the box plus added there Arcade Title Logo on each of the four games. Hope you like^_^

MORE UPDATED: I miss place the two games screen shots of Hangly-Man and Pac-Man Plus but its fix now, Sorry^_^;;

post-5587-1162335765_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1162335826_thumb.jpg

Edited by Atariboy2600

Bob

That's the main reason I haven't gone with solutions like that. If permission could be granted from Namco I would consider making a run of professionally printed boxes, but it's a bit of a risk to do that when you might get a Cease & Desist letter.

..Al

I know :( That's why I'm so iffy about making boxes, or if anyone would actually agree to do it because of the name. Damn, I wish Namco would have answered my e-mails. Does anyone here have ties with Namco (or know someone that does) that could push this along? :?

Bob

Edited by PacManPlus

I hate to say this... but you have the titles reversed for 'Plus' and 'Hangly Man' :ponder:

Hey Atariboy2600...While you're switching the correct game titles for Hangly Man and Pac-Man Plus, might as well update those screenshots too :)

Pac-Man Plus:

post-18-1162335295_thumb.png

Hangly Man:

post-18-1162335309_thumb.png

-Trebor

Thanks for the screen and sorry for the missed placeing them but they are up and now updated^_^

Thanks for the screen and sorry for the missed placeing them but they are up and now updated^_^

Hi Atariboy2600,

Not trying to be a "stickler" but those screenshots for Hangly Man and Pac-Man Plus are using the less accurate palette colors (Very noticable on the 'left most' ghost monster). Compare it with the palette in the Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man shots and you will notice the difference.

[RANT ON\]The emulators MESS and ProSystem use a default palette with colors/hues that can be much more accurate then what is currently produced by default. Thankfully, ProSystem enables the importing of external palettes. Utilizing the Stella palette you obtain much more accurate colors for Atari 7800 emulator (aka The palette used for the screenshots I posted). Compare the colors against the real thing running on an actual TV and the difference really stands out.

For a real eye opener try the opening screen in Xenophobe and notice the "purple skinned" women in the title screen. Using the Stella palette you obtain the true colors. [/RANT OFF]

Xenophobe - Default palette for MESS/ProSystem:

post-18-1162337682_thumb.png

Xenophobe - Stella palette:

post-18-1162337763_thumb.png

And with my attempts to get this post back on-track notice the difference (Again especially the left most ghost monster) in Ms. Pac-Man with Bob's Pac-Man Plus Collection:

Ms. Pac-Man - Collection Port - Default MESS/Prosystem palette:

post-18-1162338000_thumb.png

Ms. Pac Man - Collection Port - Stella Palette:

post-18-1162338027_thumb.png

-Trebor

Bob

Yea me too^_^

Anyway heres an UPDATED box art this time I took the Midnight Mutants back box art modeling idea and put more screen shots on the right side of the box plus added there Arcade Title Logo on each of the four games. Hope you like^_^

MORE UPDATED: I miss place the two games screen shots of Hangly-Man and Pac-Man Plus but its fix now, Sorry^_^;;

What are the correct dimensions (width height) for printing these?

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi Atariboy2600,

Not trying to be a "stickler" but those screenshots for Hangly Man and Pac-Man Plus are using the less accurate palette colors (Very noticable on the 'left most' ghost monster). Compare it with the palette in the Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man shots and you will notice the difference.

[RANT ON\]The emulators MESS and ProSystem use a default palette with colors/hues that can be much more accurate then what is currently produced by default. Thankfully, ProSystem enables the importing of external palettes. Utilizing the Stella palette you obtain much more accurate colors for Atari 7800 emulator (aka The palette used for the screenshots I posted). Compare the colors against the real thing running on an actual TV and the difference really stands out.

For a real eye opener try the opening screen in Xenophobe and notice the "purple skinned" women in the title screen. Using the Stella palette you obtain the true colors. [/RANT OFF]

Xenophobe - Default palette for MESS/ProSystem:

post-18-1162337682_thumb.png

Xenophobe - Stella palette:

post-18-1162337763_thumb.png

And with my attempts to get this post back on-track notice the difference (Again especially the left most ghost monster) in Ms. Pac-Man with Bob's Pac-Man Plus Collection:

Ms. Pac-Man - Collection Port - Default MESS/Prosystem palette:

post-18-1162338000_thumb.png

Ms. Pac Man - Collection Port - Stella Palette:

post-18-1162338027_thumb.png

-Trebor

Thansk for the info but again I cant run ANY emulator on my computer cuase Im runnig linux so I cant make any screen shots but again thanks^_^

Hey here s more UPDATE on the two box art this time re-type the four bulet pionts and added the frutes and can soda^_^

A couple text corrections:

In the third graph beginning with "Options," change "makes" to "make." Make is correct: Options... make...

In the bullets, remove the comma after "For one or two players." And I don't think "Atari" needs to be all-caps in the last one.

In the fine print... "Atari, the Atari logo, and 7800 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Atari Corporation." Missing a "the," fix spelling of "Corporation."

Or it could be changed to match what I see on the back of my 7800 Ms. Pac-Man manual: "ATARI is a registered trademark and 7800 is a trademark of Atari Corporation."

A couple fixes in this line: "* Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man and characters are trademarks of Bally Midway Mfg. Co., sublicensed to Atari Corporation by Namco-America Inc."

"Reprogrammed by PacManPlus. Box art and label by Atariboy2600. Text edited by Brian R."

Hey here s more UPDATE on the two box art this time re-type the four bulet pionts and added the frutes and can soda^_^

A couple text corrections:

In the third graph beginning with "Options," change "makes" to "make." Make is correct: Options... make...

In the bullets, remove the comma after "For one or two players." And I don't think "Atari" needs to be all-caps in the last one.

In the fine print... "Atari, the Atari logo, and 7800 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Atari Corporation." Missing a "the," fix spelling of "Corporation."

Or it could be changed to match what I see on the back of my 7800 Ms. Pac-Man manual: "ATARI is a registered trademark and 7800 is a trademark of Atari Corporation."

A couple fixes in this line: "* Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man and characters are trademarks of Bally Midway Mfg. Co., sublicensed to Atari Corporation by Namco-America Inc."

"Reprogrammed by PacManPlus. Box art and label by Atariboy2600. Text edited by Brian R."

Thanks for the help, Ill get right on it ^_^

Wow with all the work being put into this box art,I sure hope it can be done and if not released with the cart I think it would be great to pick one up from some optional source!

Awesome work guys~

by the way my vote is for the full color box(it just screams Special).

Wow with all the work being put into this box art,I sure hope it can be done and if not released with the cart I think it would be great to pick one up from some optional source!

Awesome work guys~

I'm hopeful a box can be done too. Also think a yellow cart - solid or transparent - would really top this off!

A thought about the screen shots on the back of the box... what about replacing Pac-Man Plus with Puck-Man? That way you cover the four main games on the cart, and since plus is an option for all of the games, and not so much a standalone game. Or maybe not... since Hangly and Puck look so much alike, and Pac-Man Plus was an arcade game. I dunno. Just a thought.

Awesome work guys~

I'm hopeful a box can be done too. Also think a yellow cart - solid or transparent - would really top this off!

A thought about the screen shots on the back of the box... what about replacing Pac-Man Plus with Puck-Man? That way you cover the four main games on the cart, and since plus is an option for all of the games, and not so much a standalone game. Or maybe not... since Hangly and Puck look so much alike, and Pac-Man Plus was an arcade game. I dunno. Just a thought.

I put the Pac-Man Plus there cuase the re-programer is named PacManPlus so I wanted to put it there for name sake^_^

Thansk for the info but again I cant run ANY emulator on my computer cuase Im runnig linux so I cant make any screen shots but again thanks^_^

I understand completely. I was just trying to help show the differences between the less accurate default palette and the better external one. I did notice in the latest box preview/update you are still using the less accurate screenshots for Pac-Man Plus and Hangly Man. I attached the better updated screenshots in a prior posting as PNG files (Similar to the ones you are using with the better palette shots for Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-man). See this post:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1164383

Do you need them in a different format now?

-Trebor

Edited by Trebor

I understand completely. I was just trying to help show the differences between the less accurate default palette and the better external one. I did notice in the latest box preview/update you are still using the less accurate screenshots for Pac-Man Plus and Hangly Man. I attached the better updated screenshots in a prior posting as PNG files (Similar to the ones you are using with the better palette shots for Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-man). See this post:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1164383

Do you need them in a different format now?

-Trebor

Thanks and if any other screen shot I need for the 7800 Ill ask you for help^_^

Thanks and if any other screen shot I need for the 7800 Ill ask you for help^_^

Any screenshots you need just ask...lol.

[Mushy Mode On/]It never ceases to amaze me the amount of talent shown amoung everyone involved. Whether it is the art by you Atariboy, and/or Bob's fantastic hacking (It still doesn't sound right - This is *so* beyond just "hacking").

But then it goes to the next level by you sharing your talents and abilities with the community so freely, and also welcoming suggestions and opinons. I know it speaks volumes too for the community; but it's the talent that is displayed that really makes these boards and community so exciting, fun and interesting...

...I really can not thank everyone enough[/Mushy Mode Off].

:D

-Trebor

Thanks, man :)

I love doing this stuff for the community. I just wish I knew more so I could program more.

Unofrtunately, it doesn't look like the boxes are a go. :( Nobody thinks anyone will take it on because of the 'Pac-Man' logo. This is such a shame - all this good artwork... I just wish someone at Namco would have realized that a handful of carts for a 20 year old system aren't going to hurt them any. Nobody even gave me the decency of a response.

Shown below is a mock-up box (I know, smaller than it should be - I just wanted to see what it would look like put together).

post-1787-1162669577_thumb.jpg

Edited by PacManPlus

Thanks, man :)

I love doing this stuff for the community. I just wish I knew more so I could program more.

Unofrtunately, it doesn't look like the boxes are a go. :( Nobody thinks anyone will take it on because of the 'Pac-Man' logo. This is such a shame - all this good artwork... I just wish someone at Namco would have realized that a handful of carts for a 20 year old system aren't going to hurt them any. Nobody even gave me the decency of a response.

Shown below is a mock-up box (I know, smaller than it should be - I just wanted to see what it would look like put together).

WOW!! I LOVE IT!, I like the idea of a blue cart so macth the Pac-Man BLUE-MAZE color, I WANT ONE!! :lust: