IGNORED

Question to all you hombrewers?

PressureCooker2600

I was always wondering if anyone was ever or is currently doing a homebrew for the Atari 2600 of the original Tron arcade game? That was one of the best coin-ops ever. It's my older brother's all-time favorite...it'd be bad-ass to surprise him with one because he's always saying hes going to get one eventually. But back to this discussion...as far as I know, there have been no translations of the arcade game to any system that I can think of. All I have on the Atari is Discs of Tron and Adventures of Tron and neither is as exciting and pulse-pounding as the arcade version. The light-cycle level was always my favorite...just loved it.

This seems to be an on going topic.

....but the thing is....is Tron REALLY as great as we remember it? Believe me, I filled up that machine with quarters back then. It's been how long, 24 years now?

Yea...i think it came out around the time of the movie...'80 or '81. I pumped quarters in that thing until I actually won. I had sucky reflexes back then. For some reason they've gotten better and more honed with time, though a bit shaky sometimes.

This seems to be an on going topic.

....but the thing is....is Tron REALLY as great as we remember it? Believe me, I filled up that machine with quarters back then. It's been how long, 24 years now?

Yea...i think it came out around the time of the movie...'80 or '81. I pumped quarters in that thing until I actually won. I had sucky reflexes back then. For some reason they've gotten better and more honed with time, though a bit shaky sometimes.

I always got slaughtered on the second wave light cycle screen. the first one was easy...just make a question mark.