IGNORED

ADVENTURE 2

rjchamp3

It is in the manufacturing stage. It takes time to print the manuals, make the carts etc. If you pre-ordered it, you'd have gotten an email explaining everything.

Does that mean you are officially done programming it. If yes, congrats. I bet your going to take a long break from programming, right?

Allan

This is great. So, the first run of cart will go to the people who pre ordered them. For those of us that were waiting for the game to be released before we ordered it, when will the second run be ready?

Pretty much right after all the pre-orders have been shipped out. There won't be much of a delay.

..Al

Add me to the list of people that want an 800 version. Or if that is not possible, something I can play in an EMU since I rarely hook up my systems anyways.

Hope I don't start any flamewars with that last part. I have not been keeping up with the development on Adven 2 so I do not know what the authors stance is regarding these things.

Or if that is not possible, something I can play in an EMU since I rarely hook up my systems anyways.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for that one.

I thought I preordered through the AtariAge store, during the annual XMAS sale. I haven't received any email either. :ponder: :sad:

I preordered it last Xmas as well. I got an email titled 'Adventure II Status Update' about two weeks ago.

An Atari 8bit computer version -- I intend to port the game but I have not started thinking about it yet. There is a technical issue to resolve because the 8bit carts can't handle a 32K ROM address unless it is bankswitched. There is no way I will be able to cut up Adventure II into two 16K banks. But there is another easier solution -- but I just haven't had time or opportunity to talk to the right people about that yet. Maybe by the end of 1st quarter 2007?

Soon I'll release a demo of the final game for you to play on emulators. I haven't decided what I'll include. Probably a couple game variations.

An Atari 8bit computer version -- I intend to port the game but I have not started thinking about it yet. There is a technical issue to resolve because the 8bit carts can't handle a 32K ROM address unless it is bankswitched. There is no way I will be able to cut up Adventure II into two 16K banks. But there is another easier solution -- but I just haven't had time or opportunity to talk to the right people about that yet. Maybe by the end of 1st quarter 2007?

Soon I'll release a demo of the final game for you to play on emulators. I haven't decided what I'll include. Probably a couple game variations.

However, at 32K, it could surely run it as an executable file in RAM.

However, at 32K, it could surely run it as an executable file in RAM.

People seem to want a cartridge though, not a disk image to run on their 8bits.

Id buy a disk :)

Anyhow - Im sure there is some 8bit cart wiz that could help here? _Fandal_ has been working some magic on mapping some big carts to disk. I would be he could map Adv 2 to an 8bit cart that loads into memory (64K machine required prob).

But a disk version would be so much cheaper and easier to make. ;)

True, but anyone can use a cartridge version without any hassle at all, whereas not everyone has a working floppy drive hooked up to their 8-bit computer. Plus many people prefer to collect cartridges over disk-based software. And they load up instantly. :)

I'd like to see an 8-bit cartridge version of Koffi: Yellow Kopter as well. The label is already done. :)

..Al