IGNORED

Have you ever lost sleep because you couldn't stop playing a game?

Rhindle The Red

Have you ever lost sleep because you couldn't stop playing a game?  

298 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever lost sleep because you couldn't stop playing a game?

• Never.
    • On occasion.
    • All the time.
    • What's this thing called sleep you speak of?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

• 9 months later...

It's happened so many times over the years that I honestly don't remember which was the worst but, taking a guess, I'd say maybe Metroid (NES) way back in the day or Sonic Adventure (Dreamcast) a few years ago.

I do remember that I'd played Sonic Adventure so much and got so tired of it that I couldn't stand anything to do with Sonic for a while after that.

The only other game I ever remember getting that obsessed with was San Andreas on PS2.

I'm sure I must've sat up until near 5 and 6 am playing that one with weird GameShark codes like taking away all of the water or making everything fly away at the touch of a button or just making CJ invincible.

Edited by Pac-Fan

• 1 month later...

This week I woke up and couldn't go to sleep.. so I tried to implement Space Harrier on the 2600 and didn't go back to bed until 4am. NOT SMART.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/217597-cheap-space-harrier-effect-ii/?do=findComment&comment=2852900

Sir, MAKE THIS HAPPEN. Thanks.

On topic; In the good ol' days. Spacesnake on the Vic 20 (the Commodore released side scrolling game), Gridrunner (The man Minter) and Doodle Bug (Mastertronic). Later in life Lotus 2 and countless other Amiga games but boy, oh boy did Lotus 2 get played to utter death. Even now that game is like some visual therapy thingy for me... Later on again, I would have to say Doom then Metroid Prime and Resi 4. All of these games are still true classsics in my wee opinion though the only one to still keep me up past my bed time would be Doom. That game's like heroin... but good heroin. None of that street corner crap. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's a little story for you ...

I got Sonic 2 around the release date and was trying very hard to beat it. One day I spent at least 5 or 6 hours playing it and went to bed at a regular time. At around 3am, I awoke to find myself in the basement, sitting in front of the TV, controller in hand and on the second world of Sonic 2.

Only time that has ever happened, but kind of freaky regardless.

I've definitely lost sleep over countless games over the years. GTA V and Dead Rising 3 are the most current culprits.

• Like 1

This is borderline but last weekend I watched an "all cutscenes" YouTube video of Nier. Still lamenting the loss of that 4 hours from my life.

I can't even begin to tell you how much sleep I've lost to YouTube. The worst was when I discovered what could be found by searching for 'full concert'.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Last night I fell into the no-sleep trap. This time it was the Streets of Rage Remake. I downloaded the game and decided to have a quick blast to make sure it was working okay. Then I realised I would have to play it to the end a couple of times to unlock the shop. 5 am came and went, went to bed around 6 and now I'm up again at 10. This is the first game to grab me like that (apart from Doom) in years even though I've played it a million times before!

The thing about homebrewing is that you are the main tester. Each dungeon floor in Atarowg is procedurally generated and can be 256x256 rooms big. Each time I mess with the way dungeons are generated I had to test the game by beating it and evaluating the experience. By the end of the week I was so tired from staying up 'till 4am that I didn't care how sloooow the recording on YouTube was. Made this particular game run last a good 7 minutes.

I snuck my Game Cube off to collecge once even though my mom told me to leave it at home. One day midweek I played Paper Mario Thousand Year Door well into the night, losing all sense of time. I looked over to my window and it was daybreak outside so I just found a save block, shut off the Game Cube, grabbed my backpack, then went to the cafeteria to eat a hearty breakfast before attending my 800 class. So yeah, I voted the "What's this thing called Sleep you speak of?" option, because it's the truth, LOL!

Edited by stardust4ever

• 8 months later...