IGNORED

WOW LOOK

MattyXB

Hello all,

I have posted regarding the auctions going on now with ebay. I myself have purchased games from the seller. I contacted him that if someboby fails to come thru with payment I would be interested in some of the games.

He did return my email and I did buy some of his games. Yes, I already paid for them, quadron being one of them.

Anyhow, regarding one of the posts about a auction being ended early he offed it to me at his buy it now price. I believe that was the reason for that.

I do want to say that I do not know anything about this person, but I do have his phone number. and Yes, payment was made to his BROTHERS?? account.(i dont know if that is true or not)..

I have spoke with him several times today and he did answer the phone each time. I did try calling him this evening, do to the overwhelming response to his auctions.

If I hear of anything I will post it here for everybody.

As far as having so many rare games it seems far fetched, but I have had some good luck on buying lots and having 4-5 of the same rare games (not as rare as quadron)complete in the box.

Anyhow good luck to all the bidders and people who have already paid..

David

I saw that dinovelvet was asking if I was paying for my auctions. I bought two games via BIN (Berenstain Bears and Tooth Protectors) and I am sending the first payment for B. Bears tonight. When I receive the game (which confirms bug90 is for real) I'll send payment for the second game. My logic is the following: I work as a stockbroker and always run the risk of someone reneging on a trade and costing me money. In this case I'm willing to risk the money on the first game because I know I'll kick myself later if this guy is for real. Therefore, I'll take my chances and take one for the team. I'll post more info as I get it.

Well, seems things have gotten even more interesting. This guy wrote back the following email to me. This is it word for word. Not sure how serious he is, but I'm still considering allowing my check to go through for the Crazy Climber. I figure if it's real, I'll sell my loose one and make my money back regardless.

Ryan's email:

Actually, I have already contacted SafeHarbor, this person has e-mailed all of my bidders, tried placing bids and then retracting so he can leave negative remarks in the explanation. I spoke to one bidder who ended 3 auctions with buy it now on the phone. He told me he needed a couple days to pay, then I read on the board that he has no intention of buying. Pretty stupid to give out my phone # - incidentally the phone # registered with eBay) - if my intention is to rip people off. Then one person on the board said he sent .01 to my brother's Paypal account - and I stated clearly in the winning e-mail that it is his account - to see if it's valid. Now he file a dispute form with Paypal for his penny. As far as I'm concerned, everyone on and associated with that board can get a life, and the site, the users who recked my auctions, and the used who filed a false Paypal claim have all been reported to eBay, SafeHarbor, Paypal, SquareTrade, and planetfeedback.com I have no less than 5 auctions to relist now because some smart-ass had to play around. if the fact that I have no negative feedbak, offer my home phone # and address and a verified Paypal and BidPay address isn't enough, then the morons on that board SHOULD NOT BID, DON'T SCREW UP AUCTIONS FOR OTHER POTENTIAL BIDDERS. Not to go off on you, but I'd personally like to see the board shut down after all of this. If you have no intention of buying please let me know now so I know to relist. Thanks!

Ryan

quote:

Originally posted by StanJr:

Do you people still cling tightly to the idea that ebay is not a tool of evil?

yabe is live!

and still, it's the best way to get tons of stuff cheap. if it turns out that everything is ok with these auctions, then my point will be prooven.

maybe you should send this guy a mail with a link to this thread, so he can speak here for himself. for all the money he's making with this, it shouldn't be a too big problem to find somebody with a camera to come over and make a pic.

good luck to all you guys ...

I went back and bid on a few of the games. I figure I can do what the other person is doing. If I don't get my game, I won't pay for the others. Thing is, I specifically sent extra money for insurance, so he can't say that he mailed the thing and it got lost. This is going to be fun to see how it turns out. I know ebay has been cracking down on fraud and if he is a phoney, I'll be smiling when the FBI comes knocking down his door and he's serving time in the slammer.

If the guy was legit, he'd take down the stolen images and screenshots from AtariAge and Digital Press and put up his own pics of his "items". Yet he still has stolen pics up on his auction listings even though he has been contacted by AtariAge guys. I smell something fishy with this monkey!!!!

[ 04-10-2002: Message edited by: Monkey ]

All Ryan has to do to appease everyone is demonstrate to people that he actually has all these games he is selling. Thus far, he has not done this and he continues to use copyrighted images in his auctions, even after we have contacted him and asked him to remove the images.

He has brought all this on himself by posting this amazing and highly improbably suite of Atari 2600 auctions without offering any proof that he actually has the items to sell. He used images from several websites to describe the items he is selling, without asking permission of those websites and without stating in his auctions that the items pictured are not what he is selling (this is known as misrepresentation). He has placed relatively low Buy it Now prices on the items, which if he knew the rarity of these Boxed and Mint games he wouldn't have done, as he could have gotten quite a bit more for some of these items. My oh my, I can't imagine why anyone would be suspicious!

It is the seller's onus to accurately describe the items he is selling. Thus far, Ryan has not done this. Instead of simply making pictures available of the items he is selling, or even offering an explanation of why he didn't take pictures himself, he responds with threats. And this is supposed to further encourage us with regard to these auctions' legitimacy?

..Al

[ 04-10-2002: Message edited by: Albert ]

@Albert

Hehe, the Q*Bert's Cube picture is a scan of my box. I have scanned all my boxes and carts and send them on CDs to several people, including Joe and Sean. The writing on the box is an easy proof. So the guy tells bs. I will withdraw all my biddings.

BTW: Thanks to Ben for warning me!

Marc

[ 04-09-2002: Message edited by: MaO ]

If you want to see all of the auctions, including those that have already ended, follow this link:

bug90's Auctions (current and recently ended)

Regarding the box images we have on AtariAge, scans for many of the rare items like the ones bug90 is selling have come from various individuals kind enough to send them to us. I need to search through my email to see where the Q*bert's Qubes box came from. It's not mine, but it could be from Alex's collection. If not, then I certainly have the original email from the person who sent it to us. I don't have time to search now, but I will do so later. But I can tell you that most of these rare box scans came from different sources.

..Al

Well, another piece of the puzzle slides in. Looks like a whole bunch of phished accts were acquired recently via a mass mail. I suppose buzz46, baby48, and bug90 were all involved?

http://pub27.ezboard.com/fretrogamingclass...icID=3796.topic

If anyone feels ballsy, how about calling Mr Kinman up claming you are the FBI and that you want him to call you back regarding his roles on eBay.com, and be sure to leave the actual FBI #.

I'd do it, but I know I'd screw up the msg. It's pretty obvious this is all fake. The low BINs kill any chance of this being real.

Here is what videogamebible wrote over on the DP forum:

quote:

If you are currently bidding on any rare video game items on Ebay, there is a good chance that the auction is fraudulent.

The user ID's are stollen, but check the email link below the auction itself. If the name "kinman" appears anywhere in it, then it is the same man that already scammed several people on Panesian games, and is selling only top dollar and very rare games.

The police have been notified and should be visiting this person sometime soon, but don't bid until it gets figured out.

What appears to be happening is that accounts are being stolen, and then people are using those legitimate and positive feedback laden accounts to post these bogus auctions. So the owner of the bug90 account may not even know that his account has been hijacked and that people are using it to scam people out of large sums of money.

..Al

Hi everybody, I used Buy It Now to get Glib, Condor Attack and Crazy Climber. I did think it was a bit odd that he had two of each of these games, but his feedback checked out ok so I didn't think there was anything to get suspicious about. Then I was contacted by Pitfall Harry and read all this! So is anyone on here going to pay up? He sent me an email saying that the Paypal account was his brother's. The advantage of using Paypal is that they will refund 100% of your payment if the seller doesn't send anything, so there's no real risk. (Yet I'm still reluctant to actually send anything!!!) Or even if you just pay another way, ebay will refund you (except they'll take a $20 deductible) if he turns out to be fraudulent.

These auctions are listed as Cincinnati, OH for a location. I live in Northern Kentucky and work in Cincinnati. Out of curiosity I looked up the two names mentioned above in our local phone book. I did not find an entry for Ryan Kinman (doesn't mean much), but I did find an entry for a Mark J Mechley. The number is shown as 513-554-4471 and the address is 1106 Market in Reading (part of town). Not sure if it's the same person, but it might be worth a call if someone is really interested.

xyzzy

I have a friend who sells items on ebay. He had over 400 positive feedbacks and someone stole his ebay and paypal idenity. This person started putting up fake computer auctions with low buy it now prices ($1800.00 computers for $1000.00 BIN). After he was finially able to contact ebay it took almost 3 weeks for the idenity to be closed. From what he said it's easy to do if your a seller with a hotmail account. Just thought I'd pass this along.

I hope all I did with phone calls, paypal and posts helped save people grief.

I like to give special thanks and praise to

Sandy

Ben

PS I think I bang my head against the wall about 30 times if it just happens to be legit

Of the still current bug90 auctions, some of his auction item description pages show an email reply-to address of kinman141@aol.com, while others show the reply-to address as kin2600@aol.com.

I'm wondering why he maintains two different aol adresses, why he uses both of them in the same wave of auction lots, and whether he changes from one to the other after he relists or receives bid retractions.

Ben

Just to let everybody know that after placing a 1.00$ bid on Waterworld and asked a stupid question( is it Pal or NTSC and do you ship to Switzerland ?) to see if he will reply fast....

3 hours later , Kin2600@aol.com replies me this :

NTSC, and yes I do ship international :-)

Moycon, if you ask good (stupid) questions he'll reply

quote:

Originally posted by Pitfall Harry:

I'm wondering why he maintains two different aol adresses, why he uses both of them in the same wave of auction lots, and whether he changes from one to the other after he relists or receives bid retractions.

I can't answer your question, although I doubt it's unusual for people pulling this kind of racket to have multiple email accounts they cycle through. Maybe AOL needs to be informed that these accounts are being used for fraudulent purposes.

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by z_a_n_z_a:

3 hours later , Kin2600@aol.com replies me this :

NTSC, and yes I do ship international :-)

It's easy to answer yes to that question when you don't have any plans to ship internationally! I'm not surprised that he is responding to questions like this, as he doesn't want to discourage people from bidding, winning, and paying for the auctions. As long as you don't try asking for some images of the actual items being auctioned, he'll be glad to answer your questions.

..Al

Hmm, I musta missed this topic. I must say, that as an occassional ebay user, this deeply disturbs me. What annoys me most, is that this bastard has targeted the videogaming community. I'm curious as to what people believe the outcome will be. My advice: contact AOL. without net access, he can't do anymore auctioning...

I've been lurking about for about a month while I pondered getting back into the 2600. Seems like a tight-knit team and I would hate to see someone get screwed.
Welcome to the team