IGNORED

Anyone camping out at BestBuy for the PS3?

RickHarrisMaine

Man, it's raining buckets and the wind is probably 30 mph here in Maryland. There's a Best Buy maybe 1000 ft from my office here, too bad I can't see it from any of our windows. I should swing by to see if anyone is actually lined up. If they get one, they've earned it.

I actually know where one might be able to score one tomorrow morning. Probably won't work but I'll give it a try anyway since it doesn't involve waiting outside in a hurricane.

Whoever scores should have a charity party. Invite known AA'ers from their are to come over and play, bring a potluck dish and $20 to contribute to some pre-determined charity.

Eric

Man, it's raining buckets and the wind is probably 30 mph here in Maryland. There's a Best Buy maybe 1000 ft from my office here, too bad I can't see it from any of our windows. I should swing by to see if anyone is actually lined up. If they get one, they've earned it.

I actually know where one might be able to score one tomorrow morning. Probably won't work but I'll give it a try anyway since it doesn't involve waiting outside in a hurricane.

Whoever scores should have a charity party. Invite known AA'ers from their are to come over and play, bring a potluck dish and $20 to contribute to some pre-determined charity.

Eric

Marylander here too. It's poring down rain like a mf'r.

I'm still thinking of just getting up early and making an effort at it. I have an hour commute each way and a REALLY boring job, so I can't be too tired! I'm with Shawn though, the money is just too good not to do it. I may take the profits, assuming I can get one, and hope Santa comes through with a Wii or a 360.

If you buy one to resell I would try selling it in your local paper or through Craigslist. The PS3 is just perfect for scammers on eBay looking to get a free system and leaving the seller with a chargeback.

Agreed... I was scammed by a fraudlent credit card number through Paypal. I was out a $200 XB0x and the money (chargeback). Talk about pissing someone off. I'm pretty well done selling on ebay anyway.

I was planning on reselling a PS3 and thought about the Xbox I lost (which wasn't a resell at all, just lost interest in it). I think karma will get the resellers on this one. I wouldn't be surprised if Ebay sellers end up like the ones in Japan with systems selling for a mere $10 or so above selling prices. LOL!

I'll get a PS3 next year the old fashioned way.... I'll walk into the store and ask for one and buy it. Besides there's more than enough gaming at home for me right now. :)

I would like to be at a camping line when something exciting happens though... I can only imagine a solvent sniffer walking up the group and seeing them scatter! LOL!

Just got a report that one of the Best Buys in the Kansas City area has a line all the way around the building, and apparently people have been camping there for the PS3 since about late Monday/ early Tuesday.

Crazy...I still hope I can grab me a Wii Sunday...

Random thoghts on another crazy system launch -

I don't understand why stores just don't cut off the camping number to accomidate the number of systems they have and put the people in a specified location with security guard? It's pure stupidity to knowingly put so many people in danger not to mention the questionable sanity of those camping out.

Most people interviewed are planning to sell their systems.

One Target in Delaware have 44 systems to sell.

Even if someone bought a PS3 and couldn't sell it for mor ethey could always just return it for their money back.

Now we are under a Tornado watch, Flash Flood Warning and Severe Wind Advisory. Ahh and now 17,000 power outages. Aren't those campers lucky?

As far as being mugged while exiting a store - that's why there are concealed firearms permits. :)

that what they said on the local tv news station in chicago(CLTV)

half of the people are going to sell it on ebay.

WLUP in chicago is giving away 100 of them if you get to a circit city by 10pm. http://wlup.com/check_it_out/circuit_city.aspx

What a bunch of hillbilly's seriously. They are able to camp out 3 days all day because they have no job :roll:

My local best buy states that they are only letting people in line if they have enough PS3's to sell to them. They told me in person that if they don't have enough PS3's to accomodate the line they have, they send people home, telling them that they will not be able to sell them a PS3 due to the number of people in front of them already.

Anyone heard this?

that what they said on the local tv news station in chicago(CLTV)

half of the people are going to sell it on ebay.

WLUP in chicago is giving away 100 of them if you get to a circit city by 10pm. http://wlup.com/check_it_out/circuit_city.aspx

It says that they are giving FIVE away, not 100.

..Al

oops my bad

I wonder if anyone will get mugged on their way to the car after they get their PS3 tonight?

Can you imagine picking up a PS3 at Bestbuy in south east DC? :D

Yes... it wouldn't be pretty...

I wonder if that guy that buys new systems and smashes them outside the store is gonna do so with the PS3....

On a side note. When I was in my best buy tuesday night I could tell they were scrambling around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Our best buy is one of the smaller ones and they only have so much space. They've been slowly re-arranging the shelves to accomodate the new systems. Which I think if funny considering the WII is like a Gamecube+.

The have a CD section up against the wall that has the lesser known music genres as well as compilations. Above these were a bunch of DS, Xbox, and a few Xbox 360 titles. As well as a bunch of 360 accessories.

They are definetely tight on space. Oddly enough, the PS2 section is the largest with the Xbox 360 and Xbox sections combined being almost the same amount of space. Looking thru the xbox sections I see alot of lower pricing, especially on the original xbox. Whereas the pricing on alot of PS2 games is higher.

The PSP section is actually larger than the DS/GBA section. :lol: They didn't even have Yoshi's Island DS out on the shelves. The gamecube section is so minuscle it's easy to overlook it. Sony must and MS must be paying them big bucks for all that shelf space.

The area was deserted. I musta waited almost 15-20 minutes for a employee even to show up. I almost went up to the assistance area to ask them if anyone was even in the store. Luckily they had a Guitar Heroes Two unit set up to keep me busy in the meantime.

Edited by Shannon