IGNORED

Star Wars 7800

gambler172

Here's a signed copy of the latest version as well as an A78 copy.

Walter, I'm still seeing the screen flickering and having the occasional sound freeze issue but I've noticed it only happens when there are a large amount of objects near the top of the screen.

Mitch

Hi Mitch

yes,i saw the screen flickering.I will try to fix this at last.I think to do this,i need some help.

But when testing with my CC2, i did not notice any sound problems.More soon......

greetings Walter

Edited by gambler172

Well I checked the arcade ROM with MacMAME. The bullets are four colors and that's including the mask. If the bullets' colors can be changed, I'll submit some mockups. I'll say the bullets on the 7800 Xevious kind of bothered me because they looked "flat" to me.

Well I checked the arcade ROM with MacMAME. The bullets are four colors and that's including the mask. If the bullets' colors can be changed, I'll submit some mockups. I'll say the bullets on the 7800 Xevious kind of bothered me because they looked "flat" to me.

Hi Bakasama

let me see the mockups and i will see,if i can do something.

greetings Walter

Hi Guys :)

here is a new version of "Xevious Insane"

I changed the players ship(looks like Star Wars now) and made some changes at the enemies graphics.I also changed the Titlescreen a little bit and the Scoreboard ship was changed.

Hope you enjoy.

greetings gambler172

Xevious_insane.bin

Edited by gambler172

Hi Guys :)

here is a new version of "Xevious Insane"

I changed the players ship(looks like Star Wars now) and made some changes at the enemies graphics.I also changed the Titlescreen a little bit and the Scoreboard ship was changed.

Hope you enjoy.

greetings gambler172

Xevious_insane.bin

If Jeff could work his "Mojo" on this hack, I would love to try it out in MESS ;)

-Trebor

Hmmm...Tried loading the file into MESS, the game appears to just loop the Atari logo indefinitely. It goes no further when loaded into MESS.

-Trebor

Hmm... I changed the name to Xevious Insane. See if that makes a difference. Works fine in the ProSystem emulator.

-Jeff

Hmmm...Tried loading the file into MESS, the game appears to just loop the Atari logo indefinitely. It goes no further when loaded into MESS.

-Trebor

-Trebor

Hmm... I changed the name to Xevious Insane. See if that makes a difference. Works fine in the ProSystem emulator.

-Jeff

Same here in mess it goes no further but plays fine on prosysytem.

Not signed, try this one.

Mitch

Yep...This one plays fine. Thanks, Mitch!

Anyhow, I had ~10,710 points and 5 ships. I get hit - game freezes, graphics become garbled, score freezes but ship count dropped to 2 left on top.

Throughout the game it appears the first (couple of) scanline(s) had flickering problems and scrambled graphics periodically. Nonetheless, a good looking hack so far. I love the graphic changes and the extra ships challenge. Keep up the good work, gambler172!

-Trebor

• 7 months later...
Hi Guys

Xevious Insane is dead. :(

Long live "Star Wars 7800" :lust:

More details soon....... :?

greetings gambler172

Yep and let me tell you Star Wars 7800 is looking AWESOME!! I've been Beta testing it and I can't wait to see what it becomes in the final release version. It's one that is going in my collection for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

I cant get it to work on my NTSC 7800 with CC2.

On a PAL 7800 it looks good, but there is some graphic glitching at the bottom of the screen, especially in the title screen, and some "flashing" on the game title.

Edited by mimo