IGNORED

Need Return Of The Jedi Arcade.

Atariboy2600

Return Of The Jedi Arcade Need to be made once and for all on the 2600, For years I seen this game on the Atari ST, Amiga, C64 hell even the ZX Spectrum but never on the 2600 so I made up some mockup-screen shots by using the Desert Falcon model screen to see how it would had looked plus the label art as well, come one guys tell me this a good idea?

post-5587-1164098689_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1164098709_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1164098715_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1164098721_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1164098727_thumb.jpg

oh, yeah, i too would also love to see rotj: arcade on the 2600, but i don't really know how it would do it... I don't think the desert falcon engine is quite up to it.

Zaxxon would be a good starting base maybe?

It's from the wrong perspective, but it might work if you didn't mind the different perspective for ROTJ. It might actually make a nice vertical scroller.

Edited by Lord Helmet

I wonder how hard it would be to program it from scratch? The graphics are for sure doable on the 2600.

you really think so? crystal castles is the closest to isometric 3d i've ever seen the 2600 succeed at, and desert falcon (as

the only one that tried zaxxon style isometric scrolling,) i felt was a failure. Has some new development combining vertical and horizontal scrolling and creating isometric 3d graphics on the 2600 happened that I was unaware of? creating an effective isometric visual relies on MANY colors on the same scan line (and for scrolling, vertical and horizontal,) which makes it even harder.

I did the hovering speeder for moving resion not like the arcade cuase I dont want to make a huge gif :D

man...too bad you cant program it atariboy....your graphics are fuckin awesome

:sad:

Yea if only theres a user friendly program like Game-Maker to make Atari games. I never can do thouse typing only programing and I may never will :_(

i just cant get over those mock-up graphics....they are awesome....they look like 5200 graphics....great job atariboy....and i hope someone is up to the task of programming it....the arcade game was the shit....i even have a picture of myself standing next to one back in 84 or 85