IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

oh please, we were all already watching it. The collectors that want stuff in a box to sit pretty on a shelf have to pay if they want to play.

and its those people, who make the people like me, who want to USE the stuff, instead of making it a paper weight that have to suffer...

you buy it, keep the box on your shelf, and send me the drive, since it wont be used, it wont make a difference ;')

sloopy.

Ok, I don't know why I had to have this....probably because I've always wanted to try it, and it was so far out of reach ($300 in 1988 dollars for the GCR with no ROM or Apple OS = $550 in 2011 dollars).

post-16281-0-34239400-1310894640_thumb.jpg

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2807028668861?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=280702866886&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

post-16281-0-02584600-1310894664_thumb.jpg

post-16281-0-82927600-1310894681_thumb.jpg

THIS WAS REALLY A HIGH PRICE (you'd think I have Fibrewire's money or something), but I wanted a complete one with software, manuals (don't see them that way often, but bare ones go for $30), and the included Mac ROM and boxed Mac OS is nice, although I think you can download any classic Mac OS for free now, but I'm not sure how to get the disk images to real floppies.

I hope I can get this working.

If anyone wants disks or manuals later maybe I can image them to share.

Edited by wood_jl

Sweet! Just got news of the rare 'Ventigage Complete'!

Hello fibrewire, John Smith (johnsmith@gmail.com) has issued a full refund for your payment. Temporary Hold Information: A temporary hold has been placed on funds that were returned to your account because you used Instant Transfer to fund the original payment. The funds from this payment cannot be released until they have arrived from your bank account, which usually takes 3-4 business days.

Message from merchant: item is currently unavailable

Thanks for playing!

Hello fibrewire, John Smith (johnsmith@gmail.com) has issued a full refund for your payment. Temporary Hold Information: A temporary hold has been placed on funds that were returned to your account because you used Instant Transfer to fund the original payment. The funds from this payment cannot be released until they have arrived from your bank account, which usually takes 3-4 business days.

Thanks for playing!

I knew ventigage was too good to be true.

Thanks for playing!

Shocker

I was lucky to get Jawbreaker II (Rarity of 9) for under $30...

Jay

nice Jay! Can you post a pick of Jawbreaker II ??

Sure, when I can borrow a camera :)

go to your local used video game store (Game Stop is one thats good), and get a nice PS2 Eyetoy, they are dirt cheap ( $3 here), and drivers are available for widows XP...

(i would suggest the logitech version, for some reason i always get a better pic out of them, then the namtai version... says on the bottom which it is)

work pretty good...

sloopy.

Synapse Disk Manager

Introducing the Meta-Directory. Catalog all 700 filenames (files that is, not disks!) in your library onto one disk! I always wondered why I'd never seen a copy of this program in the wild - now I know ... Once someone came up with the brilliant idea of actually labeling the disk, Disk Manager was obsolete.

post-11281-0-68238000-1311023176_thumb.jpg

go to your local used video game store (Game Stop is one thats good), and get a nice PS2 Eyetoy, they are dirt cheap ( $3 here), and drivers are available for widows XP...

(i would suggest the logitech version, for some reason i always get a better pic out of them, then the namtai version... says on the bottom which it is)

work pretty good...

sloopy.

Thanks Sloopy, will check it out...

Jay

Last night, I thought I'd found my way into the wonderful world of Atari 8-bit. I won this auction on eBay: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1107167914421?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=110716791442&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Soon after the auction ended, the seller told me that he couldn't get the 130xe to output video anymore. We decided to cancel the transaction, but I was sorry to miss out on what seemed like a good deal. I was really interested in the SIO2PC, too.

I'd done my research on Atari Age, and I want a 130XE or 800XL. I'm leaning toward the 130XE because of the S-Video output. The search continues.

Last night, I thought I'd found my way into the wonderful world of Atari 8-bit. I won this auction on eBay: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1107167914421?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=110716791442&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Soon after the auction ended, the seller told me that he couldn't get the 130xe to output video anymore. We decided to cancel the transaction, but I was sorry to miss out on what seemed like a good deal. I was really interested in the SIO2PC, too.

I'd done my research on Atari Age, and I want a 130XE or 800XL. I'm leaning toward the 130XE because of the S-Video output. The search continues.

pm

sloopy.

I would have still snagged it... Sounds like the guy didn't get enough money for the auction and figured a way to get you to cancel it!

I thought about that, but the seller had a perfect feedback rating. Also, if the item weren't broken and he was lying, I wouldn't want to do business with that kind of person, even if I were getting a bargain.

I would have still snagged it... Sounds like the guy didn't get enough money for the auction and figured a way to get you to cancel it!

I thought about that, but the seller had a perfect feedback rating. Also, if the item weren't broken and he was lying, I wouldn't want to do business with that kind of person, even if I were getting a bargain.

Even so, if it was broken there are plenty of people here who could have fixed it up for you and looking at the items included it still would have worked out a good deal...

Anyway, good luck, hope you find a good lot soon so you can get into some Atari retro action :)

I agree with others. looks like a person that did not like bids received and backs out with a "loft fall" story after bidding ends.

I agree with others. looks like a person that did not like bids received and backs out with a "loft fall" story after bidding ends.

I guess I should have asked for advice from friends at AA before agreeing to cancel, lol. If the seller were lying, I find it a little odd that he would pull a stunt for such a small sum. I'm a novice when it comes to 8-bit values, but how much more could he have expected from this auction? $30-$40? Or maybe I'm way off...

Some people way overvalue 8 bit stuff and expect the world when they sell it. In this case though I could be wrong, looking back at the seller he has good feedback.

You may want to ask if he would still be interested in selling and offer a price.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3305882416991?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=330588241699&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

A bunch of broken paddle controllers. You ask "why the heck did you do that?" Well, multiple possibilities ...

1. I need controllers to complete some sets I'm planning to sell.

2. I need something to do at home. Project hours here.

3. Of the ones that don't work, I'll use them as guinea pigs for another project I'm working on.

4. I'm just crazy.

Boxpressed,

I guess I was bidding against you, sorry about that. I also suspect that the seller may be full of it, you got it for a very good price, probably didn't sit too well with him.

cheers,

c