IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

52 minutes ago, MarcoJ said:

A second Atari 7800. I didn't realise what a good 2600 they are. I pretty much only use 7800s now for all my 2600/7800 needs. Wish I knew this sooner.

Yup, great move for Atari to make the 7800 backwards compatible with the 2600. The 7800 is superior in every way IMHO. Totally under used, where the fact the Maria graphics chip was rarely, if ever, expolited BITD. Some Homebrew titles and demos now really showcase just how good it was. Colours, sprites, etc.

https://m.facebook.com/muddyvision.games/videos/shadow-of-the-beast-atari7800-tech-demo/1372538553228911/

• Like 1

Picked this up for $200 + $17.85 shipping on ebay.  For the price, I did the buy-it-now before I even read the description right.  Turns out it had a bad delay line.   🙂

Needs some rubber feet, more cleanup, and I am looking into my options for color video through the monitor port.

1200xltop.thumb.jpg.eaa5c1fd9b540da6f008d463e8854fbd.jpg

1200xlbottom.thumb.jpg.5473382c5f85652f092647de490c5b5e.jpg

Edited by reifsnyderb
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, reifsnyderb said:

Picked this up for $200 + $17.85 shipping on ebay.  For the price, I did the buy-it-now before I even read the description right.  Turns out it had a bad delay line.   🙂

Needs some rubber feet, more cleanup, and I am looking into my options for color video through the monitor port.

1200xltop.thumb.jpg.eaa5c1fd9b540da6f008d463e8854fbd.jpg

1200xlbottom.thumb.jpg.5473382c5f85652f092647de490c5b5e.jpg

bargain. :)

• 1 month later...

I bought an A8PicoCart to go with my 400 since I stupidly sold off my Ultimate a while ago.  The PicoCart works pretty good with the 400, although I do usually have to reset the machine a couple of times to get the menu to function correctly.  Right now I just have .CAR images on it, which is all I need really, because my FujiNet and SDriveMAX work great on the 400 for everything else.  

PICO.jpg

• Like 2

On 4/4/2024 at 10:03 PM, SS said:

I bought an A8PicoCart to go with my 400 since I stupidly sold off my Ultimate a while ago.  The PicoCart works pretty good with the 400, although I do usually have to reset the machine a couple of times to get the menu to function correctly.  Right now I just have .CAR images on it, which is all I need really, because my FujiNet and SDriveMAX work great on the 400 for everything else.  

PICO.jpg

I am glad it works as it is not actually designed to do so. A8PicoCart was made for Atari XL/XE 8 Bit machines.

https://github.com/robinhedwards/A8PicoCart

The 400/800 machines boot faster than the RPI hence the need to reset.

5 hours ago, manterola said:

Not an Atari, but still proud about it, and for 5 euros... First time typing in a computer, it was in one just like this little Sinclair (minus de RAM expansion).

311202420558.jpg

That is a bargain for that little beaut ;) 

To give a proper size comparison, for those that do not know, take a photo of it next to your atari :) 

On 4/12/2024 at 2:56 AM, manterola said:

Not an Atari, but still proud about it, and for 5 euros... First time typing in a computer, it was in one just like this little Sinclair (minus de RAM expansion).

311202420558.jpg

A steal indeed. Looks like new. The very first program I wrote was on a ZX81 as well, hunched over a kitchen worktop where it was hooked up to the TV. That Memopak looks stylish as well but does it support the „wiggle reset“ of the original 16K version?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have not checked the expansion yet. But it came with a piece of Velcro to keep it in place. It also came with the original power supply. I opened the computer and found that the pigtail with RCA is a composite output which works great (it is connected to one pin of the main IC).

So I am pretty happy with it.

• Like 1