IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

Would be nice to find a 1027.

I meant to say, it would have been nice to find a 1029 too.

Knowing the fate of mine, and most other 1027's I'd like to get my hands on a 1029 too! Those are daisy-wheel LQ, right?

Just looked the 1029 up in the Best E. catalog, it's an impact printer, the XDM121 for the XE line was the only daisy-wheel for the 8-bit line.

There's a proto-type photo in the Best E. catalog of a 1027+ printer that was to be daisy-wheel.

Would be nice to find a 1027.

I meant to say, it would have been nice to find a 1029 too.

Knowing the fate of mine, and most other 1027's I'd like to get my hands on a 1029 too! Those are daisy-wheel LQ, right?

From a quick google it appears to be a dot-matrix printer.

Scored at a garage sale this last weekend for $50 (Pictures when I get a chance).:

1. CIB XF551 (mint) - Needs a new power switch but works fine otherwise.

2. Indus GT (near mint) - No problems.

3. Boxed 1200XL (mint) - Only 1/2 keys work, but otherwise fine (Needs keyboard trace-job).

4. 800XL (fair condition) - Powers, but won't boot yet. All chips socketed. (pending trouble-shooting)

5. Commodore 1702 (fair condition) - Front composite connector not working. Chroma/Luma fine.

• Like 2

These are hard to find in the USA. Originally, they were OEM'ed in EMEA.

I like the XL stylingof the 1029, as I do the 1027. The 1025 sort of matches color-wise, but it doesn't have the venting or bevelled edge styling and too little of the coffee brown color, my Pansonic printer matches as well as the 1025.

I really like the big "smoked glass" window on the 1029.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

The 1025 sort of matches color-wise, but it doesn't have the venting or bevelled edge styling and too little of the coffee brown color, my Pansonic printer matches as well as the 1025.

post-16281-0-70283000-1329973742_thumb.jpg

post-16281-0-64384200-1329973751_thumb.jpg

I think I remember reading in the Atari mags that it's just Okidata Microline 80 (or 82?) with SIO port and different XL-style metal top cover.

Even without the beveled cut XL-style edge, it did match pretty well for an Oki!

• Like 1

Does it even have a power button? Or do you have to plug and unplug it like the 1010 recorder? I'm hoping the power button just isn't showing.

Power switch on the rear IIRC, mine are in storage at the moment. I have a 1025 too and whilst a nice printer it is SLOW. The 1029 is much faster and bi-directional I think? Yes you can print graphics and it has a choice of fonts. At the time you could buy replacement chips from 3rd parties with different font selections too.

I think I remember reading in the Atari mags that it's just Okidata Microline 80 (or 82?) with SIO port and different XL-style metal top cover.

Even without the beveled cut XL-style edge, it did match pretty well for an Oki!

I was bummed when I found out the 1025 couldn't do bit-mapped graphics.

Scored at a garage sale this last weekend for $50 (Pictures when I get a chance).:

1. CIB XF551 (mint) - Needs a new power switch but works fine otherwise.

2. Indus GT (near mint) - No problems.

3. Boxed 1200XL (mint) - Only 1/2 keys work, but otherwise fine (Needs keyboard trace-job).

4. 800XL (fair condition) - Powers, but won't boot yet. All chips socketed. (pending trouble-shooting)

5. Commodore 1702 (fair condition) - Front composite connector not working. Chroma/Luma fine.

Amazing haul. I can only imagine the dizzy prices sellers would demand for such gear in the UK.

Here's a couple of recent buys:

Worm War I - Sealed

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3804138248001?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=380413824800&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

The Designers Pencil

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1808179080471?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=180817908047&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Disc Detective

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2609590116591?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=260959011659&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I'll submit this to AtariMania when received :)

Jay

Edited by AtariGeezer

I bought three issues of the Atari Connection magazines for $5.00, two Hi-Res magazines (only one of which I didn't have) for $5.00, a nice Flip 'N' File (the kind that holds A8 carts as well as floppies) for $15, and a Visicalc package (including the original A8 version of the software plus two books) for $5.00. I'm really happy with all of that stuff. It all ended up being in fantastic condition, the seller packed it all really well, and the combined shipping total (it was all from one seller) was very reasonable.

I also bought a marked on 1050 for $22.48 shipped. This seller did a great job of packing, too. When it arrived, though, I was surprised to see it's been modded. It has a slider installed below the mechanism, on the faceplate. Perhaps it's just a write protect slider, but perhaps it's something else. I didn't have time to open it up last night, but I'm curious to see what it turns out to be.

Maybe I was sleeping, but when did eBay decide to rape us in the middle of the night and with not even a kiss? And get away with it!

I mean really, insertion fees, and then 9% of the sale, then another % of the shipping costs (which is absolute BS considering that is for shipping!).

We need competition!

Edited by chrislynn5

I bought some books (6502 Assembly Language Programming and 6502 Assembly Language Subroutines, both by Laventhal; 6502 Applications Book; and some for fun -- The Musical Atari, The Atari Experience, and Dr. C. Wacko's Miracle Guide to Designing and Programming Your Own Atari Computer Arcade Games).

Maybe I was sleeping, but when did eBay decide to rape us in the middle of the night and with not even a kiss? And get away with it!

I mean really, insertion fees, and then 9% of the sale, then another % of the shipping costs (which is absolute BS considering that is for shipping!).

We need competition!

You do have competition, all you have to do is to join.... eBid....

Oh I know, people will say.....the number of listings and the no of users there nowhere near eBay....., well of course if everybody thinks this way, there will never be a real competition.....remember eBay too started from someone's basement operation...

The seller fees are a lot more reasonable, with many options to suit almost every need, the UI too is much better then eBay in my opinion.

So don't be a victim to "rapists", take action...

Edited by atari8warez