IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

7 minutes ago, marauder666 said:

3x 5200s, something of a rarity in the UK, unknown if working.

First limited test, all running, so thats a ton of spare parts if nothing else.

Nice!  Now that I have successfully restored a dead pentium motherboard to life by replacing capacitors, I should do it on my 5200 to see if it will clear up some of it.  They are beautiful machines.

• 5 weeks later...

Just bought:

A well preserved ATARI 410 with built in german power supply ?

and a very, very nice Atari Lab - Temp/Light starter set, original packed and shrink wrapped, NOS in a best condition ?....

Cheers, 

andY

ATARI 410_01.jpg

ATARI 410_02.jpg

ATARI 410_03.jpg

ATARI 410_04.jpg

ATARI Lab 01.jpg

ATARI Lab 02.jpg

ATARI Lab 03.jpg

ATARI Lab 04.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Almost Rice said:

I have never seen a 410 with a switch on the back.  Was this a feature for German equipment?

@Almost Rice It's because the power supply is built in with this particular model - hence the power switch.  Other models of 410 had an external psu unit/transformer - so no internal power - no switch on the unit itself needed. :)

9 minutes ago, Beeblebrox said:

@Almost Rice It's because the power supply is built in with this particular model - hence the power switch.  Other models of 410 had an external psu unit/transformer - so no internal power - no switch on the unit itself needed. :)

Hi Beeblebrox,

unfortunately that is only half true ?

So yes, there is a 410 version with external power supply (6V /300mA) that has no switch.
But there is also a version of the 410 with internal power supply, which also has no switch.

See pictures attached...

Pic 1-3 My 410 with 220V and Power Switch

Pic 4-5 My 410 with external PS 6v/300mA

Pic 6  a 410 with internal PS and no switch

I guess my 220V ATARI 410 version was rebuilt afterwards and the transformer was replaced by a 220V one.

Cheers,

andY

1655744012607.JPEG

1655744014801.JPEG

1655744017356.JPEG

1655744882675.JPEG

1655744883373.JPEG

410 w-o switch.jpg

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My latest purchases are two 600XL in seperate auctions. The first one I purchased looked great from the outside in the photos but when I got it and opened it up, I was dismayed by how much rust there was internally. I just got the second one that looks like in really good condition. I have not yet cracked it open yet to see how it is internally. Also in another auction, I picked up an Antonia 4MB upgrade and a Sophia DVI. The Sophia DVI is especially nice since I can test the NTSC 600Xl's with my LCD TV without modding a permanent mod. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

you were lucky to find a secondhand Sophia 2. Well done.

Hi @Beeblebrox,

Thanks! It was actually the Sophia DVI. It still needs the original GTIA chip to work and it  is not as flexible in the ability to change its resolutions as the Sophia 2. Nevertheless, it was welcome addition in my NTSC 600XL.

5 minutes ago, scorpio_ny said:

Hi @Beeblebrox,

Thanks! It was actually the Sophia DVI. It still needs the original GTIA chip to work and it  is not as flexible in the ability to change its resolutions as the Sophia 2. Nevertheless, it was welcome addition in my NTSC 600XL.

Ah that's interesting.  I thobk I thought Sophia 1 had an RGB output only and no DVI.  Either way great to have one.  Maybe we'll see the Sophia 2 run resume in later 2023? ;)

• Like 1

I just picked up 3 SST49LF008A PLCC Chips at 1 Meg each, I have a friend that know where to find them on various circuit boards, so I can probably get 20-30 of them or more for about $3.00 US (really cheap but maybe a bit more). The thing is that I have already committed $20.00 Canadian for about 100 various sized PLCCs but none of them were useful so I returned them, and instead picked up 12 27C256 & 27C128 Eproms. If anyone is interested JazzFlashCat has 30 of them spoken for if he wants them, but other than that there are more available. Also 64 K and 256 K ram chips , which I can test individually on my Xgecu Pro. 

I seem to have had a little bit of bad luck after trading in the old programmer and supplies for a new one, seems to be that the PLCC 2 DIP32 from that set had a read error on pin 8, does not matter which chips and id numbers etc I use , error on pin 8 always occurs.

Stephan: You said that EEproms in the socket with that kit I bought do not read properly. I this a likely cause of the pin 8 misread?

Russ

7 minutes ago, rcamp48 said:

I just picked up 3 SST49LF008A PLCC Chips at 1 Meg each, I have a friend that know where to find them on various circuit boards, so I can probably get 20-30 of them or more for about $3.00 US (really cheap but maybe a bit more). The thing is that I have already committed $20.00 Canadian for about 100 various sized PLCCs but none of them were useful so I returned them, and instead picked up 12 27C256 & 27C128 Eproms. If anyone is interested JazzFlashCat has 30 of them spoken for if he wants them, but other than that there are more available. Also 64 K and 256 K ram chips , which I can test individually on my Xgecu Pro. 

I seem to have had a little bit of bad luck after trading in the old programmer and supplies for a new one, seems to be that the PLCC 2 DIP32 from that set had a read error on pin 8, does not matter which chips and id numbers etc I use , error on pin 8 always occurs.

Stephan: You said that EEproms in the socket with that kit I bought do not read properly. I this a likely cause of the pin 8 misread?

Russ

So.... just to be clear... you talking about what you bought?  Or are you trying to sell stuff (make business for your friend).

If it's the latter, you might want to make a separate post for it.  People come here looking to see what some lucky @#$@#%@%!!!!!! got their hands on that they didn't because they went to bed too early before the ebay sale of a lifetime was posted. ;)

Not trying to bust ya (too many people looking to do that) just thought if you had a line on some necessary chips with the shortages and all that people might like to know in a separate thread.

22 minutes ago, Tillek said:

So.... just to be clear... you talking about what you bought?  Or are you trying to sell stuff (make business for your friend).

If it's the latter, you might want to make a separate post for it.  People come here looking to see what some lucky @#$@#%@%!!!!!! got their hands on that they didn't because they went to bed too early before the ebay sale of a lifetime was posted. ;)

Not trying to bust ya (too many people looking to do that) just thought if you had a line on some necessary chips with the shortages and all that people might like to know in a separate thread.

Ya Tillek: I do have a good line on chips that everyone may be looking for, you are right that I should post this in a new thread, I will do this now., and yes I did get these chips myself in a deal with Don. (The 12 27C128 and 27C256s) plus the 3 SST 1 Meg chips.

• 3 weeks later...

Just picked up an Atari CX22 trackball in great condition with box and manual. Excited to to try this a bunch of games! I was looking at the box and I thought it was interesting to see it stated that it supported the Commodore Vic 20 and 64. Not too often you see an Atari product advertised to work with the competition on the packaging.

• Like 1

image.thumb.jpeg.d4c5ac8346f20d258a0ee4c754c52478.jpeg

While I will put together another "Ultimate Atari" again someday - this is my first "ultimate Atari" that I considered complete.

Long story that I will make really short - earlier attempts resulted in unstable, flakey systems.

This Atari 130XE was put together by flashjazzcat, originally vbxe/rapidus/ahi-usb  - I removed the rapidus, and it is now my ultimate Atari - no further changes planned.

I rmoved the rapidus because it was destroyed by a toy I bought off sellmyretro - and I will not do that again, I'm tired of such results....

I use SDX 4.49 on cartridge, typically.  

The e-bay finds:

3 x XF551.   All work.  2 sold as untested.  I bought from both the U.S. and Germany, and even still I'm surprised I bought 3 so fast.  Sweet!

Atari trakball - sold untested, works.

Some carts - Miner 2049'er, Kaboom!, and Caverns of Mars.  I actually have only played 2049'er.  It takes me forever to get around to playing a  game.  But I did test Centipede TB and Missile command - that's a fun way to play those games.

It's not really clear in this screenshot, but that crappy budget TV somehow has the perfect display- produces the most legible of screens.  That's why I don't use my vintage RGB monitor, or my 19" 15khz capable flatscreen - which both were also quite decent, but TV seems appropriate for an 8-bit machine anyway.

What might tempt me into another ultimate atari, is the recently announced upgrades from lotharek...but not this year, for this year, i'm looking forward to exploring pl65 programming and not twiddling with hardware for a little while.

• Like 1

Had a communications mixup with Bradley at Best, and he wanted to charge me a re-stocking fee for a mistaken order and make me wait 2 weeks to order the replacement (he was too busy to process it sooner, he said).

Decided that wasn't happening, so ordered the 130XE I was after from Ebay - got it a few days later, and it was $50 cheaper to boot - works perfectly. I tried to support the local business (I'm in San Jose too) but, well, maybe next time. I kept the 65XE motherboard he'd sent (and charged me for, it wasn't a freebie :)), it'll do for spares...

• Sad 1