IGNORED

FB2 disappeared from Atari.com

When I checked the last days where to order a FB2 from I also searched Atari.com.

But they do not refer anymore anyhow to the Flashback consoles. The forum is also empty but 1 little post.

Is it good or bad?

Good: they sold all of their stock and see that there is still demand?

Bad: they got rid off their huge lot of unsold FB2 selling them for cheap to overstock-dealers to avoid further warehouse costs. They see the hype is over for now and FB3 and FB2P are done for now?

:ponder:

Maybe they just ran out. We heard months ago that the last 60,000 units were entering the sales channels, after all. I noticed that my local Wal-Mart hasn't had any in stock for a while, so perhaps the FB2 has sold out and run its course. Here's hoping that Atari follows through with a FB3 sometime soon.

Maybe they just ran out. We heard months ago that the last 60,000 units were entering the sales channels, after all. I noticed that my local Wal-Mart hasn't had any in stock for a while, so perhaps the FB2 has sold out and run its course. Here's hoping that Atari follows through with a FB3 sometime soon.

So, let´s talk numbers. :D

How many FB2 were produced and or sold in total?

Im curious to know.....

i think target was selling them day after thanksgiving for 20 bucks.

yep that's were I got mine.....I think they were selling like hotcakes. The day before TG I checked....there was a full end cap of them at full price. I went back black friday morning the endcap was empty. I was pretty dissapointed then I saw a young woman appear with one and made pointing motion back by the pharmacy. I did a quick look didn't see anything. Wasted a bunch of time looking through the electronics section....then gave a second look by the pharmacy and found another endcap full of them out of the general view of the public. I was relieved.

i think target was selling them day after thanksgiving for 20 bucks.

yep that's were I got mine.....I think they were selling like hotcakes. The day before TG I checked....there was a full end cap of them at full price. I went back black friday morning the endcap was empty. I was pretty dissapointed then I saw a young woman appear with one and made pointing motion back by the pharmacy. I did a quick look didn't see anything. Wasted a bunch of time looking through the electronics section....then gave a second look by the pharmacy and found another endcap full of them out of the general view of the public. I was relieved.

Yep - got mine at Target too. The FB was selling for $19.87 on Black Friday. They ran out of stock by the time I got there, so I got a raincheck. A week later they had them back in, and I picked one up. Ended up paying $9.31 with the tax for mine, since I had a 10% off coupon, and got a $10 gift card from work!

Yeeha!

Now, once the wife lets me have it (locked up until Christmas) I'm going to pop that sucker open and hope for a Rev C board...

:cool:

Interesting so the Flashback 2 is a superhot item 2 Holiday seasons in a row. With this type of news it looks like the Flashback 3 is a go :D :cool: :D :cool:

I hope you are right, man. You never know. In my opinion Atari screwed it up once again for NOT having a new item in the shelves for this holiday season. What is better than X-Mas if you really wanna earn $$$ within a short period.

If it is not the money issue (not having money) then the Atari bosses have to be &)/§)/)/)/"(§&.....

Let alone that it is already a sin not to have produced a PAL version for Europe/Australia of the FB2. In my opinion lost sales in the millions.....

Curt is correct, the Flashback 2 was actually one of our best selling online products when featured. If you were not lucky enough to get one then we have just launched a flashback competition on Atari Community, we are giving away 12 over the 12 days of Christmas so feel free to check that out over on the Atari forums and enter.

Edited by baker011

Curt is correct, the Flashback 2 was actually one of our best selling online products when featured. If you were not lucky enough to get one then we have just launched a flashback competition on Atari Community, we are giving away 12 over the 12 days of Christmas so feel free to check that out over on the Atari forums and enter.

:D Okay, I read from this the time should come soon for a follow-up product :lust: :cool:

Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind some FB2 accessories. How about a pair of red joysticks? Just to follow up. That would be neat, make a great gift for the FB2 owner (are all the owners like me and brag about their Atari's? I know I do and everyone around me knows it) Nothing any fancier than that, red plastic joysticks. That would sure be neat, and I know everyone here would buy them out.

That is great news. Hopefully we'll see a FB2 portable or FB3 soon then. I'd buy both several times.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATED:

Seem that the Flashback 2 game on Atari.com is back up and now for only $19.99!^_^

Umm. No. Basicly I talked to my contact in charage of that and mentioned that the FB main page was the only link to the manual, so they put the page back up. Its an all or nothing deal, as everything is "shopping cart" based until the new version of the Atari site is up. So the purchase section had to be put back up even though they are *not* selling any more.

UPDATED:

Seem that the Flashback 2 game on Atari.com is back up and now for only $19.99!^_^

Umm. No. Basicly I talked to my contact in charage of that and mentioned that the FB main page was the only link to the manual, so they put the page back up. Its an all or nothing deal, as everything is "shopping cart" based until the new version of the Atari site is up. So the purchase section had to be put back up even though they are *not* selling any more.
I still had the FB2 manual linked in the FB2 FAQ, so if one searched enough, it could have been found. However, the situation is improved with the link on the Atari web site.

I still had the FB2 manual linked in the FB2 FAQ, so if one searched enough, it could have been found. However, the situation is improved with the link on the Atari web site.

Yah, the problem is though that the pack in manual states to go to atari.com for the full manual. And I was having people that just purchased FB2's emailing me at CG.Com ticked off they couldn't find it where they were told it would be.

So, let´s talk numbers. :D

How many FB2 were produced and or sold in total?

Im curious to know.....

This post, 60,000 Rev C's on the water..., states that 860,000 were made in 2005 and that the final 60k from that run were shipped to the U.S. in June/July of 2006. I wonder how many were made in 2006? I guess at least revision C's would've been?

Yah, the problem is though that the pack in manual states to go to atari.com for the full manual. And I was having people that just purchased FB2's emailing me at CG.Com ticked off they couldn't find it where they were told it would be.

That bugged me too - going to a URL given in a paper manual (which is only about a year old) and finding nothing. It made me think the FB2 is discontinued. Had I not eventually found the full manual (with its picture of the "hidden paddle menu") - I never would've been tipped off that there were two hidden games - Go Warlords!

Edited by George3