IGNORED

Game Gear, Turbo Express or Lynx?

AtticGamer

Go with the Turbo Express if you're a fan of shooting games and knock-offs of famous games (Neutopia, anyone?). I don't have the Turbo Express, but I have the Turbo Grafx and I love it. Game Gear is cool if you like Master System. I don't know much about the Lynx, though. I've been meaning to buy one for awhile, but I can never find one when I decide to look....

Lynx contains many exclusive titles so if you liked choppy, grainy ports of Atari arcade games like Hard Drivin', STUN Runner, etc Lynx would be the one to get.

fixed.

STUN Runner is easily the most impressive handheld game of that generation.

It can never be called choppy thanks to the Lynx's scaling chip and as for grainy???? Have you been playing Night Trap on the mega CD?

I agree that the Lynx had a tough time doing 3D games like Hard Drivin' and Steel Talons (Hey, what do you expect? It's no Playstation here :P ), but I thought STUN Runner was done quite well. If you're looking for more great Lynx arcade ports, try Rampage, Xenophobe, Rygar, Toki, Joust, Xybots, A.P.B., Hydra, Klax, Rampart, Paperboy, and Robotron 2084. A lot of those didn't make it to many other home systems.

Of course, the most often recommendations you'll hear for the Lynx are for some of it's original games... especially Checkered Flag, Warbirds, and Blue Lightning.

--Zero

Take it down a notch guys or this thread will meet an abrupt end.

For what its worth, I like the Lynx best of all just because of the variety of games that were available. Most (but not all) were of very good quality. I never could get into the GG (I remember trading in my Game Boy for one), because the games were just slightly improved upon SMS games. Nothing about the GG library really interested me and it immediately got put away in favor of the Lynx. The Turbo Express would be the best portable ever if the screen resolution was decent. Instead you get games that look blurry or full of lines because the resolution isn't as good as a regular TV screen. Many games are almost unplayable (or look like crap) because of this.

Tempest

Which one can you play Blazing Lazers, Galaga '90, and Military Madness on?

I'd get that one.

If money is no object and you want the best looking games, Turbo Express can't be beat. The system isn't THAT expensive, I've seen them go for $60. The games on the other hand are a pain to find anywhere other than eBay. Yet even then a lot of the good ones can be had for less than $20 mostly complete, even cheaper for just the game card.

The express is by far the best one to get.

I am not taking anything away from lynx or GG but if i had a choice you bet your ass id pick up an express B4 a lynx/GG

Edited by Dusk2600