This version of Pac-Man Collection requires that you send us a POKEY chip or Ballblazer cartridge before we ship your order!
Please read all the details below.
Pac Man Collection is a round-up of the various official (and some not so official) releases of one of the most popular games in history. Now we can finally fill a void that was missing from the 7800 library for two decades. Within this game cartridge you will find:
- Pac-Man (The Original!)
- Puck Man (Same game, more difficult maze)
- Hangly Man (Empty Mazes? Vertical Tunnels? Invisible Mazes?)
- Ultra Pac-Man (6 New Mazes for a new variety)
- Random Mazes* (You just never know which maze will appear next!)
- Ms. Pac-Man (The second installment of the Pac-Family)
- Ms. Pac-Attack (Same game, more challenging mazes)
- Ms. Random Mazes* (Like Random Mazes above, but with the Ms. flavor)
* - denotes games that were not released as actual arcade games, officially or otherwise
Also included is the 'Plus' and 'Fast' variations of these games, which you can individually set on or off for each game. Plus Mode has the various effects when enabled:
- Game Speed is increased
- Bonus prizes are replaced with alternate items
- Bonus prizes now have the same effect as an energizer, except the monsters turn invisible (they are worth double points this way!)
- Eating a standard energizer doesn't always turn all four monsters blue...
- Eating a standard energizer might make the maze and dots disappear for the duration of the energizer
- Maze colors are different as an indicator of 'Plus' mode
'Plus' mode is the equivalent of the arcade game Pac-Man Plus. 'Fast' Mode increases the speed of the player only when enabled. In total, you have 24 game variations to choose from!
The High Score Cartridge is able to store high scores for each variation separately.
This version of Pac-Man Collection uses an on-board Atari POKEY chip for improved sound effects and music that are much truer to the arcade version than the standard version of Pac-Man Collection. Unfortunately, the POKEY is a custom chip produced by Atari. This means that the only POKEY chips in existence are those that were manufactured for Atari 8-bit computers (400/800, 800XL, 130XE, etc.), the Atari 5200, certain Atari arcade games, and the two Atari 7800 games Ballblazer and Commando. There are very few sources of new, unused POKEY chips. Many are removed from Ballblazer carts, as they are relatively common. These chips have not been produced in 30 years!
This means that we do not have many POKEY chips. If you want a copy of Pac-Man Collection, you'll need to either send us a POKEY chip or send us a Ballblazer cartridge and we will remove the POKEY chip.
How to Get a POKEY version of Pac-Man Collection
- Add the game to your shopping cart (along with anything else you want to purchase) and checkout normally.
- We'll send you an email with instructions on how to send us a POKEY or Ballblazer cartridge.
- Once we receive the chip or cartridge, we'll test it to make sure it's working.
- We'll then make your Pac-Man Collection game and ship it to you!
- If we do NOT receive your POKEY chip or Ballblazer cartridge within 30 days, we will cancel your order and refund your payment.
- If you order other items with Pac-Man Collection, everything will ship together!
If you have any questions about the above process, please contact us. Likewise, if you have a source of POKEY chips or Ballblazer carts, we'd love to hear from you if you'd like to sell or trade them to us.
Includes cartridge and full-color manual. Available in NTSC and PAL television formats. Please specify above when ordering.
|Number of Players||1 - 2|
|Label Design||John Calcano|
|Manual Design||John Calcano|