For thousands of years, the inhabitants of Gytaraxis have lived in peace thanks to the energy barriers that protect their planet and its power source, the Vityrian Crystals.
Hoping to seize the power crystals for itself in an effort to make its armies invincible, the evil Calamitous Cube has declared war on Gytaraxis. Using virulent vibrations, the Calamitous Cube has eaten holes through the energy barriers that protect Gytaraxis.
In an effort to fend off the Calamitous Cube, the Gytaraxians have called upon the legendary repairship known as Gyvolver to fix the energy barriers and keep the crystals from falling into the Calamitous Cube’s grasp.
How to Play
Move Gyvolver horizontally using the left controller. Press the fire button to slow down. Pressing the fire button can also telekinetically pull a restorative towards Gyvolver.
The left difficulty switch can be used to turn scrolling borders on and off. The Color/BW switch can be used to pause the game.
Game Items and Enemies
- Perpendicular Hooligans - The Calamitous Cube will try to slow Gyvolver’s progress by sending Perpendicular Hooligans that can come in from either side, so watch out. A Perpendicular Hooligan can usually be avoided at full speed, but it may be necessary for Gyvolver to slow down in some cases.
- Twin Loutagents - These creatures work for the Calamitous Cube and are attracted to telekinetic powers. They get a little closer whenever Gyvolver uses telekinetic powers to slow down or to pull in a restorative. Twin Loutagents will cause harm to Gyvolver if they are allowed to get too close.
- Restoratives - The Prodvocates will help Gyvolver by sending a restorative whenever they can get through the vibrational interference. Press the fire button to slow down and telekinetically pull a restorative towards Gyvolver.
- Life Force Energy - Gyvolver is pretty tough and can handle almost anything, but a head-on collision with an energy barrier will cause damage. That damage is shown in the life force energy bar to the right of the score. When Gyvolver’s life energy is gone, the game is over.
- Clusters - The energy barriers have been damaged in waves. A cluster of energy barriers will start with large holes and end with small holes. When most of a cluster has been repaired, the Prodvocates will rejoice, giving Gyvolver 1,000 points worth of restoratives and fully restored life force energy, then it’s immediately on to the next cluster.
Get a Gyvolver Box!
If you'd like a boxed copy of Gyvolver, please select "Box Upgrade: Yes" at the top of the page before adding Gyvolver to your cart. Our boxes are professionally printed and include a box insert to hold your Gyvolver cartridge in place. We want you to play our games, so we have not sealed or shrinkwrapped the boxes in any way, allowing you easy access to the game cartridge and manual.
These boxes are the same size as boxes Atari produced for their games "back in the day". They look great sitting on a shelf with your other boxed homebrew games, or alongside games from the classic Atari 2600 library. We only have a limited number of boxes for each game, and there is no guarantee they will become available again once our supplies are exhausted. Click on the images to the right to see larger photos of the box.
Gyvolver includes game cartridge and full-color, 8-page manual. You can optionally pruchase a professionally printed box (see above). Available in NTSC and PAL60 television formats--please select above. If you do not select an option, you will receive an NTSC cartridge by default.
|Number of Players||1|
|Code and Design||Duane Alan Hahn|
|Packaging Illustration and Design||Brian Ostrowski|