This a PRE-ORDER for Doggone It. Once all the printed materials (boxes, manuals, labels, etc.) are in our hands, we will immediately begin shipping orders in the order they were placed. Right now we're looking at the end of February as a reasonable estimate. Updates will be posted in the AtariAge Forum (This message will be updated with a link once the thread has been created).
Hey y'all, I'm Hank. Nice to meet ya.
I work hard for a living as a delivery driver. I generally like my job, but I have a chronic case of cynophobia. That’s fancy for “fear of dogs.” For that reason, there are a couple of stops on my route that just plain give me the willies. I sure could use some help delivering my packages.
What do ya say, can you give me a hand?!!
How to Play
Doggone It! is a one-player game. You control Hank, a delivery driver who suffers from cynophobia (fear of dogs). Hank must grab packages one at a time from the back of his truck and deliver them to the recipients at the bottom of the screen. When Hank is touched by a dog, he loses a package (if carrying one) and becomes temporarily paralyzed by fear.
The number of packages to be delivered is displayed on the truck and counts down as packages are delivered. Hank must deliver all of the packages before the truck gets to the end of the street, or the game ends. There are three levels on Hank’s route. Once all three levels are complete, the route starts over with increased difficulty.
- Deliver packages on each of Hank's three routes!
- Collect four-different power-ups from Crazy Culvert Kitty.
- Difficulty increases after each round (difficulty maxes out at level six).
- Left Difficulty: Enable/Disable sound of Hank walking.
Near the beginning of each level, Crazy Culvert Kitty will emerge from the left culvert and start to walk to the right culvert. If Hank pets Crazy Culvert Kitty, a randomly chosen power-up is stored in Hank’s power pocket and can be activated anytime by pressing the fire button, as long as another power-up isn't already active.
- Truck Pause: The body of the truck will flash purple and will pause its movement, giving Hank more time to deliver packages.
- Double Package: The number on the truck will flash purple and if Hank has a package, it will flash purple. Any package delivered will count as two packages.
- Fast Feet: Hank’s uniform will flash purple and he is enabled with super speed.
- Invincibility: The dogs will flash purple and Hank can’t lose a package or be paralyzed.
If an unused power-up stored in Hank’s power pocket is carried over to the next level, a 1,000 point bonus is awarded. Plus, Hank gets to keep the power-up!
Included with Doggone It! is the game cartridge, full-color 12-page manual, and professionally printed box. Doggone It! is available in NTSC and PAL60 television formats. Please specify above when ordering or you will receive an NTSC cartridge by default.
|Number of Players||1|
|Code and Design||Andrew Pauley|
|Cartridge label, manual, and box design||Herbie Hollar|