This a PRE-ORDER for Hellway. Once all the printed materials (boxes, manuals, labels, etc.) are in our hands, we will immediately begin shipping orders in the order they were placed. Right now we're looking at the end of February as a reasonable estimate. Updates will be posted in the AtariAge Forum (This message will be updated with a link once the thread has been created).
What's up, man? I'm MR. SILVA, the fastest and best driver in this city! So, if you need to arrive at your event or meeting on time... I'm the right guy, I AM SURE YOU WON'T BE LATE! Soemtimes we have a crazy traffic jam and the clock is our enemy, but don't be afraid, because we'll slide into the sapces between the cars and buses!
So... are you ready? DO YOU THINK YOUR HEART CAN HANDLE IT? What's your destionation and time for your appintment?
Let's go... FAST!
How to Play
Your goal in Hellway is to drive as fast as possible to get to your destination while the clock is constantly ticking down! Displayed at the top of the sscreen is the distance traveled thus far (which is your score), the time remaining, and your current speed. You must weave in and out of traffic to reach the next checkpoint, where you will receive additional time, as well as invincibility for a few seconds. When the timer reaches zero (and you're not able to coast to the next checkpoint), the game is over.
There are several options to customize Hellway to keep it interesting and challenging! Options you can change include:
- Cycle Levels or Fixed Level
- Constant or Random Traffic Patterns
- Default or High-Speed Difference (Lanes)
- Predefined or Random Traffic Intensity
In all, there are 16 different game modes you can choose from before you begin the game.
- Use the Difficulty Switches to select one of four different cars, each of which has different specs (acceleration, top speed, glide, and handling), as well as how much time is available to reach each checkpoint.
- The Color/BW switch changes between the default background color and a black background (for higher contrast).
- Use your joystick at the title-screen to choose from four different in-game border effects.
- When the game ends, you can see detailed statistics of your session (score, elapsed time, time you spent gliding, number of times you hit another car, and the total number of checkpoints reached).
Included with Hellway is the game cartridge, full-color 12-page manual, and professionally printed box. Hellway is an NTSC-only game.
|Number of Players||1|
|Code and Design||Octavio Pinho Bokel|
|Packaging Design||Leonardo Nogueira|