Hellway - Atari 2600
What's up, man? I'm MR. SILVA, the fastest and best driver in this city! So, if you need to arrive at your event or meeting on time... I'm the right guy, I AM SURE YOU WON'T BE LATE! Soemtimes we have a crazy traffic jam and the clock is our enemy, but don't be afraid, because we'll slide into the sapces between the cars and buses!
So... are you ready? DO YOU THINK YOUR HEART CAN HANDLE IT? What's your destionation and time for your appintment?
Let's go... FAST!
How to Play
Your goal in Hellway is to drive as fast as possible to get to your destination while the clock is constantly ticking down! Displayed at the top of the sscreen is the distance traveled thus far (which is your score), the time remaining, and your current speed. You must weave in and out of traffic to reach the next checkpoint, where you will receive additional time, as well as invincibility for a few seconds. When the timer reaches zero (and you're not able to coast to the next checkpoint), the game is over.
There are several options to customize Hellway to keep it interesting and challenging! Options you can change include:
- Cycle Levels or Fixed Level
- Constant or Random Traffic Patterns
- Default or High-Speed Difference (Lanes)
- Predefined or Random Traffic Intensity
In all, there are 16 different game modes you can choose from before you begin the game.
- Use the Difficulty Switches to select one of four different cars, each of which has different specs (acceleration, top speed, glide, and handling), as well as how much time is available to reach each checkpoint.
- The Color/BW switch changes between the default background color and a black background (for higher contrast).
- Use your joystick at the title-screen to choose from four different in-game border effects.
- When the game ends, you can see detailed statistics of your session (score, elapsed time, time you spent gliding, number of times you hit another car, and the total number of checkpoints reached).
Get a Hellway Box!
If you'd like a boxed copy of Hellway, please select "Box Upgrade: Yes" at the top of the page before adding Hellway to your cart. Our boxes are professionally printed and include a box insert to hold your Hellway cartridge in place. We want you to play our games, so we have not sealed or shrinkwrapped the boxes in any way, allowing you easy access to the game cartridge and manual.
These boxes are the same size as boxes Atari produced for their games "back in the day". They look great sitting on a shelf with your other boxed homebrew games, or alongside games from the classic Atari 2600 library. We only have a limited number of boxes for each game, and there is no guarantee they will become available again once our supplies are exhausted.
Included with Hellway is the game cartridge and full-color 12-page manual. You can optionally purchase a professionally printed box (see above). Hellway is an NTSC-only game.
|Number of Players||1|
|Code and Design||Octavio Pinho Bokel|
|Packaging Design||Leonardo Nogueira|