RobotWar:2684 - Atari 2600
Inspired by their never ending quest for progress, in 2684 man perfects the Robotrons: A robot species so advanced that man is inferior to his own creation. Guided by their infallible logic, the Robotrons conclude: the human race is inefficient and therefore must be destroyed; war is declared.
You are the last hope of mankind. Due to a genetic engineering error, you possess superhuman powers. Your mission is to stop the Robotrons and save the last human family.
In RobotWar:2684, the object is to save the last human family by rescuing the humans and destroying the Robotron enemies to advance to the next wave.
In each wave, your mutant player starts out in the middle of the arena, while the Robotrons and humans spawn around you. Use the joystick controller to move your player to avoid the enemies and pick up the humans. Use a second joystick or the fire button to shoot your laser gun to destroy the enemies and advance to the next wave.
- Features 256 waves!
- Three Play Modes: One Player, Two Player (alternating), and Two Player (cooperative).
- Three Skill Levels: Novice, Standard, Advanced
- Difficulty Switches toggle Auto-Fire support for each player.
- Includes Sega Genesis / Mega Drive controller support.
- Supports Twin Stick control method - just like the arcade!
- QuadTari support for three or four-joystick action (also enables AtariVox/SaveKey support when using 2+ joysticks).
- Pause: Use the Color/BW Switch (or Pause on the 7800) to pause the game.
- AtariVox/SaveKey Support: Save up to five high scores for each skill level!
We're including a free 10" x 14" poster in the box, featuring David Exton's original RobotWar:2684 artwork that adorns the box, manual and label.
RobotWar:2684 has built-in support for the QuadTari, which is a device that allows you to plug up to four controllers into your Atari 2600 or 2600-compatible system. Using a QuadTari with RobotWar:2684 gives you several additional controller configurations for two-player games:
- Both players can use a Twin Stick control method, with four joystick controllers plugged into the QuadTari.
- Player 1 can use Twin Sticks, and Player 2 can use a Single Stick by plugging two controllers into the QuadTari, and the third controller into the second controller port of your Atari 2600 system.
- Both players can use a Single Stick with two controllers plugged into the QuadTari, and then an AtariVox or SaveKey can be used to save high scores and settings by plugging it into Port 2 of the QuadTari.
You can see all the games in the AtariAge Store with QuadTari support here.
If you have an AtariVox or SaveKey plugged into joystick port 2, up to five high scores are saved for each skill level, including the starting wave and player's initials. The current skill level, game mode, and player options are also saved. To reset all scores and settings on the AtariVox/Savekey for RobotWar:2684, press and hold RESET while powering on the game.
Get a RobotWar:2684 Box!
If you'd like a boxed copy of RobotWar:2684, please select "Box Upgrade: Yes" at the top of the page before adding RobotWar:2684 to your cart. Our boxes are professionally printed and include a box insert to hold your RobotWar:2684 cartridge in place. We want you to play our games, so we have not sealed or shrinkwrapped the boxes in any way, allowing you easy access to the game cartridge and manual.
These boxes are the same size as boxes Atari produced for their games "back in the day". They look great sitting on a shelf with your other boxed homebrew games, or alongside games from the classic Atari 2600 library. We only have a limited number of boxes for each game, and there is no guarantee they will become available again once our supplies are exhausted.
RobotWar:2684 is a Melody-enhanced game that takes full advantage of the CDFJ+ mode using our advanced Melody circuit board. Included with RobotWar:2684 is the game cartridge, full-color 16-page manual, and a 10" x 14" poster featuring David Exton's RobotWar:2684 artwork. You can optionally purchase a professionally printed box (see above). RobotWar:2684 is available in NTSC and PAL60 television formats. Please specify above when ordering or you will receive an NTSC cartridge by default.
|Number of Players||1 - 2|
|Cartridge Size||32K Melody|
|Coding and Design||John W. Champeau|
|Sound Effects||David Brown|
|Game Testing||Joe Champeau, Steve and Chris M. Ramirez|
|Packaging Illustration and Design||David Exton|