Inspired by their never ending quest for progress, in 2684 man perfects the Robotrons: A robot species so advanced that man is inferior to his own creation. Guided by their infallible logic, the Robotrons conclude: the human race is inefficient and therefore must be destroyed; war is declared.
You are the last hope of mankind. Due to a genetic engineering error, you possess superhuman powers. Your mission is to stop the Robotrons and save the last human family.
In RobotWar:2684, the object is to save the last human family by rescuing the humans and destroying the Robotron enemies to advance to the next wave.
In each wave, your mutant player starts out in the middle of the arena, while the Robotrons and humans spawn around you. Use the joystick controller to move your player to avoid the enemies and pick up the humans. Use a second joystick or the fire button to shoot your laser gun to destroy the enemies and advance to the next wave.
- Features 256 waves!
- Three Play Modes: One Player, Two Player (alternating), and Two Player (cooperative).
- Three Skill Levels: Novice, Standard, Advanced
- Difficulty Switches toggle Auto-Fire support for each player.
- Includes Sega Genesis / Mega Drive controller support.
- Supports Twin Stick control method - just like the arcade!
- QuadTari support for three or four-joystick action (also enables AtariVox/SaveKey support when using 2+ joysticks).
- Pause: Use the Color/BW Switch (or Pause on the 7800) to pause the game.
- AtariVox/SaveKey Support: Save up to five high scores for each skill level!
We're including a free 10" x 14" poster in the box, featuring David Exton's original RobotWar:2684 artwork that adorns the box, manual and label.
If you have an AtariVox or SaveKey plugged into joystick port 2, up to five high scores are saved for each skill level, including the starting wave and player's initials. The current skill level, game mode, and player options are also saved. To reset all scores and settings on the AtariVox/Savekey for RobotWar:2684, press and hold RESET while powering on the game.
RobotWar:2684 is a Melody-enhanced game that takes full advantage of the CDFJ+ mode using our advanced Melody circuit board. Included with RobotWar:2684 is the game cartridge, full-color 16-page manual, professionally printed box, and a 10" x 14" poster featuring David Exton's RobotWar:2684 artwork. RobotWar:2684 is available in NTSC and PAL60 television formats. Please specify above when ordering or you will receive an NTSC cartridge by default.
|Number of Players||1 - 2|
|Cartridge Size||32K Melody|
|Coding and Design||John W. Champeau|
|Sound Effects||David Brown|
|Game Testing||Joe Champeau, Steve and Chris M. Ramirez|
|Packaging Illustration and Design||David Exton|