IGNORED

Star Castle Arcade - Beta Release

Thomas Jentzsch

Very nice! It's so great to see new Atari shells finally being made. The logo looks nice, and I'm glad to see that it's recessed, which won't interfere with stacking. For whatever it's worth, I prefer the one with the centered logo, too.

Will the texture on the back and sides match the originals?

Yes, these are just to test fitment (both of boards and in systems), plus I can see how the AtariAge text/logo looks on the back. There are two different styles of logos. It's tough to get pictures of them on a white cartridge! The plastic is stronger than I envisioned it would be for 3D printed cartridges.

Nice. I think the centered logo looks better. That said, I would have liked the one with the logo to the left better if the type was smaller (it looks out-of-proportion).

For shooting white objects, try reflecting light off of a large sheet of paper suspended above it, instead of straight-on. By changing the angle of the light and/or paper, you should be able to control shadows and overall illumination better.

Nice. I think the centered logo looks better. That said, I would have liked the one with the logo to the left better if the type was smaller (it looks out-of-proportion).

I prefer the larger logo too.

And I agree with Nathan regarding the logo on the left. It should have about the same size as the font.

These look great! I really like the version with the centered AA logo.

Yes, that was the second revision of the logo, and I prefer it as well.

Very nice! It's so great to see new Atari shells finally being made. The logo looks nice, and I'm glad to see that it's recessed, which won't interfere with stacking.

Having the logo recessed was one of my requirements so the carts could be stacked without interference.

Will the texture on the back and sides match the originals?

Not sure it will be exactly like Atari's carts, but should be close.

I agree, and it would have been reduced in size to match the font if I went with that design.

For shooting white objects, try reflecting light off of a large sheet of paper suspended above it, instead of straight-on. By changing the angle of the light and/or paper, you should be able to control shadows and overall illumination better.

Thanks, I'll try that.

..Al

• Like 1

Suggestion for the logo - the letter spacing looks too far apart, and visually uneven. I'd suggest tightening it up a bit, like so:

I agree, that does look better. If you can give me a vector version of that, I can give it to the guy doing the CAD work. :)

..Al

• Like 1

White translucent only so far though? Any plans to do other colors, solids and black?

These are prototype cartridges printed on a 3D printer, to test fitment and other issues. The actual cartridges will be black, although I will explore smaller runs of other colors as well.

..Al

These are prototype cartridges printed on a 3D printer, to test fitment and other issues. The actual cartridges will be black, although I will explore smaller runs of other colors as well.

..Al

Cool! Yeah, don't get me wrong, even the white prototype color/design looks great. Who knows, might be some games down the road that would look nice in different colored cases.

I cherish the blue SeaWolf cart I bought from the store way back when. :love:

*That Star Castle manual is stunning!